Guess What's For Dinner

Eric

Our community had a "cook out" (May 30 '21 that's what they called it, but really...a hot dog in a "bag", chips and a soda?) Since we are one of the "newbies" here MrsDaka decided we "should" go...(UGH)

So, kinda' not knowing what to expect we did not prepare for dinner....I "found" some frozen chili at the bottom of the freezer , gotta' be 6 months old...so if you don't hear from me for a while you'll know....

Some of the pix above made my mouth water.........

Edited by DAKA
added date
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Our community had a "cook out" (May 30 '21 that's what they called it, but really...a hot dog in a "bag", chips and a soda?) Since we are one of the "newbies" here MrsDaka decided we "should" go...(UGH)

So, kinda' not knowing what to expect we did not prepare for dinner....I "found" some frozen chili at the bottom of the freezer , gotta' be 6 months old...so if you don't hear from me for a while you'll know....

Some of the pix above made my mouth water.........

Community cook out? My neighbors know me as the guy that waves back, only. Windows up, never stop. :D

He-who-is-in-charge-of-fire smoked some baby back ribs when his parents and any and uncle were here... and he kind of overestimated how much they would eat (apparently 70+ year olds don't eat entire racks anymore, lol)... so we had leftovers tonight.   And I walked outside, whacked some asparagus, boiled it 4 minutes in a cast iron frying pan, poured off the water, threw in 3T butter, 1 t lemon juice, 3 T horseradish, and 1/2t chicken bouillon powder, cooked 2 more minutes on low... and depending which person you asked, this is the new #1 or #2 fave asparagus recipe... it is also the easiest asparagus recipe I've made.  Ha.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

He-who-is-in-charge-of-fire smoked some baby back ribs when his parents and any and uncle were here... and he kind of overestimated how much they would eat (apparently 70+ year olds don't eat entire racks anymore, lol)... so we had leftovers tonight.   And I walked outside, whacked some asparagus, boiled it 4 minutes in a cast iron frying pan, poured off the water, threw in 3T butter, 1 t lemon juice, 3 T horseradish, and 1/2t chicken bouillon powder, cooked 2 more minutes on low... and depending which person you asked, this is the new #1 or #2 fave asparagus recipe... it is also the easiest asparagus recipe I've made.  Ha.

I have to try that horseradish and chicken bouillon powder trick!

And talking about asparagus, its that time of the year for fresh white asparagus with some Yukon potatoes, prosciutto and sauce hollandaise.

Spargel-Schinken.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crockett said:

I have to try that horseradish and chicken bouillon powder trick!

And talking about asparagus, its that time of the year for fresh white asparagus with some Yukon potatoes, prosciutto and sauce hollandaise.

Spargel-Schinken.jpg

I'm hungry again because of that pic.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 6:31 PM, Eric said:

I just roasted some garlic. I use it for garlic butter, in mash potatoes, in marinades, spread on bread or rolls like butter, you name it. It is good for what ails you. The roasting process takes the sharpness away from the garlic and leaves it very tender. It is delicious to just pop a roasted clove in your mouth and eat it. I love this stuff. It makes everything you put it in better. It can last for months in the fridge, as long as you keep it covered in olive oil. 

C9EB0142-7BE5-469D-B1FF-58533C9E19EC.thumb.jpeg.fd2926c875a3a72b0dbb3cecaae0006f.jpeg

That's really good if you cut the cloves in half and put them on Pizza!