Benchmade customer service

jmohme

Some time back, I was working with some nasty solvents, and apparently got some on my knife. It attacked the material of the grip panels and they started peeling off.

I logged onto Benchmade web site looking for replacement parts, but could not find what I wanted, so I emailed them. I got a reply the next morning that this was covered by their warranty and was asked to fill out the proper forms and send the knife to them.

I considered this damage to be 100% my fault and had no expectation of getting them to warranty it, but I sent it in and yesterday it arrived at my doorstep looking like new.

After reviewing the paperwork, I think that they replaced every part except the blade and belt clip. The even shipped it in a pretty microfiber Benchmade branded bag!

IMG_1323 2.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 4

They have excellent customer service.   I called them to ask a question and while on the phone I ask about a deep carry clip for my knife.  I expected to purchase, but they said no it was on them.  Few days later I had two silver colored and two black clips.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2

I got a Benchmade Mel Pardue pre production knife off of e-bay for $18.  The knife had been made wickedly sharp and did not lock up.  So, I figured my bad, live and learn and stuck it in a drawer.  A few years later, I contacted Benchmade and asked what could be done to fix it.  They said "send it in," so I did.  They worked on the knife and got it to lock up and sent it back with a brand new Benchmade 530.  The knives were accompanied by a note stating that they did not have any original parts on hand for the Mel Pardue pre production knife, so they recommended sticking it in a safe and using the new 530 that they sent me instead.  :faint:  

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

They have excellent customer service.   I called them to ask a question and while on the phone I ask about a deep carry clip for my knife.  I expected to purchase, but they said no it was on them.  Few days later I had two silver colored and two black clips.

My first experience with Benchmade was the same issue. I kept breaking the clip that came on the same knife in my first post. I also called them to buy a replacement but they would have none of that and sent me a replacement, that I also broke, so the next round they sent me a standard and the deep carry that remains on the knife to this day. 

They are a good company to deal with.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jmohme said:

My first experience with Benchmade was the same issue. I kept breaking the clip that came on the same knife in my first post. I also called them to buy a replacement but they would have none of that and sent me a replacement, that I also broke, so the next round they sent me a standard and the deep carry that remains on the knife to this day. 

They are a good company to deal with.

My pants don't go on without a Benchmade.

And i don't spend a lot of time without my pants on!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 26isbest said:

Cool. Is that a Freek? I have a Freek with my other Benchmades. I have always like my Benchmades. Never had to use the warranty but nice to know they are on top of it. 

No, That is a Boost.

I looked at several Benchmades including the Freak, but liked the way the Boost felt in my hand.

• Like 1