Jump to content

For whiskey drinkers


Borg warner
 Share

Recommended Posts

Johnnie Walker is a blended Scotch whisky. In the cheapest Red Label, you don't get any indication of the age of the whiskies used. The same applies with the expensive Blue Label as well. Based on market share, it is the "Toyota" of whisky, being the largest seller in the world. 

For Scotch, I prefer a single malt Glenmorangie from the highlands.  It doesn't taste like peat moss [Ardbeg, Laphroaig and lowland Scotches often do].

Whiskey is American/Canadian/Japanese/anywhere other than Scotland made. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

There is no E in Whisky. I prefer Dewars white label or Famous Grouse. tom.

Either is acceptable. Both spellings show up on bottles.

Now, if you really want to stir the pot lets talk about how beans have no place in Chili. :angrysoapbox:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the exception of Maker's Mark, there is ALWAYS an "e" in whiskey.   You peat-heads done lost your everlovin' minds drinkin' that burnt-moss hooch.

My step-dad drinks JW red, and Seems real happy with his annual gift of JW Blue. I'll sit by the fire and drink with him, but I won't drink THAT with him.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whisky is made in Scotland.
Whiskey is made anywhere else.
Argue that fact with a Scot and you'll end up with a Scot kiss on your forehead.

And for the love of all the nuclear weapons in Amarillo, there are no beans in chili! Any thickened soup with beans is called soup or stew. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

My step-dad drinks JW red, and Seems real happy with his annual gift of JW Blue. I'll sit by the fire and drink with him, but I won't drink THAT with him.

Tad...we need to have a talk.

I'm really your step dad.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, deputy tom said:

There is no E in Whisky. I prefer Dewars white label or Famous Grouse. tom.

Dewers can be just fine. White mixed.   Some of their upper level offerings are excellent.

I'm a Scotch snob and i wouldn't turn up a class of Dewers on the rocks.

Might be a little more rustic.  But sometimes that's what you want.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheygriz said:

I like Single Malt.  No blends for me.  For my taste, Clynelish is hard to beat.

 

And that goes for bourbon as well. Straight bourbon, no blends.

In my "younger" days, blends triggered my migraines.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never cared for Scotch. May as well eat a bag of peat moss..
Some folks are ga ga over the stuff though.
There are several varieties of Scotch, including one that is peaty like you described (and I also dislike).

Other types of Scotch can be quite good, don't give up on them.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2020 at 4:24 AM, blueiron said:

Johnnie Walker is a blended Scotch whisky. In the cheapest Red Label, you don't get any indication of the age of the whiskies used. The same applies with the expensive Blue Label as well. Based on market share, it is the "Toyota" of whisky, being the largest seller in the world. 

For Scotch, I prefer a single malt Glenmorangie from the highlands.  It doesn't taste like peat moss [Ardbeg, Laphroaig and lowland Scotches often do].

Whiskey is American/Canadian/Japanese/anywhere other than Scotland made. 

When it comes to Scotch, I also prefer Glenmorangie. I haven't tried all of their varieties but I haven't had one I didn't like yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...