Well I survived that.

Silentpoet

Made it through a disciplinary hearing type thing at work.  Who knows if I’ll have the same job in a month.  Prayers would be appreciated. I’ve just been burned out and not very productive working from home. I really don’t care one way or the other. But I need a job with roughly this pay level or better. Really what u do doesn’t pay great. So a better pay check would be nice.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Made it through a disciplinary hearing type thing at work.  Who knows if I’ll have the same job in a month.  Prayers would be appreciated. I’ve just been burned out and not very productive working from home. I really don’t care one way or the other. But I need a job with roughly this pay level or better. Really what u do doesn’t pay great. So a better pay check would be nice.

Good luck my man.  The "work environment" now days makes alot of people feel they just don't give a crap anymore. 

Work use to be fulfilling mentally.  Now with all the PC Crap, it's just exhausting. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

Prayers sent. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Prayers Brother!

i know i`ve said this a lot but,

i don't know how you do what you do, its gotta be hard to deal with.

hang on as long as you can, least til you have anything to fall into.

Burn out sucks, more so when your feeling under the scope.

Good Luck.

• Like 3

A while ago,  I instantly locked horns with my boss's new boss.  I've been here ~15 years,  and he immediately jumped on us like a drill sargent.

At one point,  I told everyone to jump off,  as I wasn't going to do what they wanted (basically working weekends for free).  I was fully expecting,  and prepared, to get the boot.

They backed off,  but I'm still the black sheep.

(Working from home (and constantly traveling) isn't all that easy.  I'm usually doing my paperwork at midnight on Sunday.)

(My immediate boss is great.  I have a feeling he greatly stuck up for me.)

• Like 5

Yeah, i have someone in my food chain that has no clue about their job.  Thinks they know everything about mine...and just makes people miserable. 

It's what this person does.

Recently she made a racist comment about my boss's accent.   He's so beat down i don't think he'll go to HR/EO.

And he should.  To protect us and him.

But hey.  Between 2 and 7 years...I may pull the pin on the smoke grenade and get the hell out of Dodge.

I'll have my time served.   I can either go back to school or find a new job in a place where people respect each other.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

A while ago,  I instantly locked horns with my boss's new boss.  I've been here ~15 years,  and he immediately jumped on us like a drill sargent.

At one point,  I told everyone to jump off,  as I wasn't going to do what they wanted (basically working weekends for free).  I was fully expecting,  and prepared, to get the boot.

They backed off,  but I'm still the black sheep.

(Working from home (and constantly traveling) isn't all that easy.  I'm usually doing my paperwork at midnight on Sunday.)

(My immediate boss is great.  I have a feeling he greatly stuck up for me.)

If your boss ever leaves, you need to either find another department to work in or find another job. You will have a bull’s eye on your back. Been there done that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Will Beararms said:

OP: Start looking for a job now. You are in the driver’s seat and there is nothing to fear just be proactive and they could be building a case to fire you.  

I’ve been browsing indeed fairly frequently lately.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Good show. Again, I am not trying to instill fear. I was in corporate America for 30 years and fired twice. Learn from my mistakes. You cannot be paranoid but you cannot let the daily minutia blind you either. 

• Like 2

I was working a chump temp-to-hire job at a great company,  when we first moved back to Pittsburgh.  We had all been briefed that the new facility CEO was coming in today.

I was working,  and felt a tap on my shoulder.  It was the new guy.  With his entourage.  He was going around like the new Hoffa, and everyone was gushing.

I took my headphones off (we were allowed to have them).  He asked what I was listening to,  that I didn't acknowledge him when he first made his presence.

I told him, "The news.  Mr. Rogers died today."

He said, "Who cares?"

I didn't say a word,  put my 'phones back on,  turned my back to him,  and went back to work.

I was out the door that same week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

From reading your posts I think you need to find alternate employment.  I think anyone can only last so long in a job such as yours and then needs to get out while they still have their sanity.

You've done your bit for society. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Sorry for your crap but glad to hear I am not the only one.  My job just continues to suck more and more.  I just want to take care of customers and make the company money and everyone else seems to want to have meetings and track bullshit in a spreadsheet.  I am getting snarkier and snarkier, ask if we will get a PO during the meeting and if the spreadsheet has bought anything etc.

In regards to looking for jobs, tune up your LinkedIn, make sure that it is set to show you are looking for work.  Fill it with keywords.  LinkedIn also seems to have the most job listings and some of the best ones and they are usually very easy to apply for.  I get contacted now and then by recruiters from there but so far nothing that does not require me to move.

I also have alerts sent from ziprecruiter, and indeed so anything new that meets my criteria gets sent to me.

• Like 2

I think I’m ready to quit today.. I just pushed off to tomorrow a parenting class with a molestor.  I just don’t think I can do this anymore. I may finish out the week.  I don’t have anything lined up but I’m sick of the job stress. Even with an increased dose of my antidepressant I am just done.

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I think I’m ready to quit today.. I just pushed off to tomorrow a parenting class with a molestor.  I just don’t think I can do this anymore. I may finish out the week.  I don’t have anything lined up but I’m sick of the job stress. Even with an increased dose of my antidepressant I am just done.

Well.  We usually know in our hearts what's best.

Depression is a bitch.   I've had my issues with her for a long time. 

Maybe it's time you start to get better.  Time to look out for you.

• Like 4

You've probably heard the term FU money.  I don't have FU money, but in three years my first retirement check starts coming in.  Two years later my second one does, and three years after that my last tyke flies the coop.  So that's my horizon to get to FU time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

You've probably heard the term FU money.  I don't have FU money, but in three years my first retirement check starts coming in.  Two years later my second one does, and three years after that my last tyke flies the coop.  So that's my horizon to get to FU time.

Same here.  I'm biding time and doing my job.   But 3 to 8 years is my minimum.

When i've had enough.  I'm gone.   I can hang up my spurs and go work at the hardware store. 

I have considered going to seminary school.   But that would be a 7 or 8 year commitment.  And while i personally would enjoy it...i still have a relatively young family despite my age.

• Like 2