Mike Ditka on Anthem Protests: ‘If You Can’t Respect Our National Anthem, Get the Hell Out of the Country’

pipedreams

"Legendary NFL coach Mike Ditka has clear, unmistakable thoughts on what should happen to athletes who refuse to stand in respect for the national anthem.

Ditka says they should, “Get the hell out of the country.”

In an interview with TMZ Sports, the man known affectionately throughout Chicago and maybe less affectionately in Green Bay as, ‘Da Coach,” blasted the athletes demonstrating against the country that has given them so much.

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country,” Ditka said. “That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned, so I’m only going to say what I feel.”"

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/07/26/watch-mike-ditka-on-anthem-protests-if-you-cant-respect-our-national-anthem-get-the-hell-out-of-the-country/

From the comments"

"From all of the patriots in this country, thank you Mr. Ditka. You have spoken the words we have been repeating for years now. In the public eye. The silent majority concurs. Stand for your flag, kneel to your maker."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm good with that. I saved lives. They play with a ball. They make at least 40 or more times what I was paid. If they're not thankful for what this country gives them, they should find a country where they will be happy. There are many better ways to express themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Historian said:

That from a man who when barreling down the field...someone took a knee rather than be plowed over and deal with his appearance as the footballer from hell.

That man...was caused full grown men to scream like little girls and run.

I'm not aware of any of this. Are you equating a football play with disrespecting symbols of the country in which we're fortunate to live? (Sorry if I'm wordy, Very tired)

10 minutes ago, 26isbest said:

?

Here is a friend and her daughter - my niece - when she was sworn in as a US citizen four years ago. Unlike the **** birds born here who kneel these two never will.

IMG_0758.JPG

People that choose to be citizen's of the USA know what it is to experience freedom, compared to most countries in the world, are normally the most adamant supporters of our society.

People that have lived here all their lives have no idea what oppression really is and they show it every day!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4

How many people are expected to leave the U.S. based on Mr. Ditka's admonition? 

I support his sentiment, but after seeing dozens of American fools claim they are leaving if Bush, Trump, or so-'n-so gets elected; yet Hollywood, NYC, Chicago, Austin, etc never empties out. I'm tired of the whole darn thing.  

It is sad to say, but perhaps the U.S. should endure a dictatorship just to prove several points to the "elites" and make them suffer. The only problem is that they won't be bothered by such a drastic move. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul53 said:

I'm not aware of any of this. Are you equating a football play with disrespecting symbols of the country in which we're fortunate to live? (Sorry if I'm wordy, Very tired)

Paul, i could have worded it better.  Ditka was such a powerful player he intimidated others. He once had a guy take a knee rather than deal with him.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 4

Ditka could possibly lose.

But look in your rear view mirror.

He's coming back for a victory.

That man is relentless.   In fact, if you look in Webster's...they might just have a picture next to relentless....of Dikta.

No words...just a picture.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:57 PM, janice6 said:

People that have lived here all their lives have no idea what oppression really is and they show it every day!

My mother is a little French farm girl.  She, by chance, married a sailor (US).

She is the most American person I know in some ways.  And her love of America is endless.

About five years ago she decided to read a biography of every American president.

I was a history major in college...and i can barely keep up with her.  She plans her vacations around AMERICA'S history.

It's kinda of inspiring when people not born here....GET IT.   Get how Amazing our country is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Ditka could possibly lose.

But look in your rear view mirror.

He's coming back for a victory.

That man is relentless.   In fact, if you look in Webster's...they might just have a picture next to relentless....of Dikta.

No words...just a picture.

1297340425655_ORIGINAL.jpg.cba9905c82a72aa708bdd0bc4614edc9.jpg

Angry Ditka in your mirror.

• Thanks 1

Are we still allowed to say manly things like that?  I wonder what would happen if someone drove to one of these riots with an, "American Love it or Leave it," bumper sticker on their car?"  I noticed four of my neighbors homes had blue ribbons tied around their trees, but they disappeared within a week.  They probably didn't want to anger any of our many leftist neighbors and invite vandalism. 

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Are we still allowed to say manly things like that?  I wonder what would happen if someone drove to one of these riots with an, "American Love it or Leave it," bumper sticker on their car?"  I noticed four of my neighbors homes had blue ribbons tied around their trees, but they disappeared within a week.  They probably didn't want to anger any of our many leftist neighbors and invite vandalism. 

I have had a Blue line on my driveway lip on each side for a few years now.  Nary a peep!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

I have had a Blue line on my driveway lip on each side for a few years now.  Nary a peep!

I bunch of people in my neighborhood have full on flag poles with lights.  A bunch more of us have flags hanging on the house.  I may have to add a blue ribbon to the mailbox post.  Someone pulling funny **** around here may not see seen again.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 3:17 PM, RenoF250 said:

I bunch of people in my neighborhood have full on flag poles with lights.  A bunch more of us have flags hanging on the house.  I may have to add a blue ribbon to the mailbox post.  Someone pulling funny **** around here may not see seen again.

I live in a very liberal college town: And I noticed the other day almost as many American flags flying as just after 9-11.

A street over is a guy who did, wait for it, 42 years as a deputy sheriff.

Go ahead.  Take down his flag.  His American blue line flag.

I'll go get a beer and watch this.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1