Woman artfully concealed AR-15 in suitcase

Fnfalman

Seems like a lot of firepower for Jersey. Don't they have pretty strict laws?

Mighta been a better idea to toss that suitcase in the back of a rental car as opposed to attracting the attention of Thousands Standing Around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tadbart said:

Seems like a lot of firepower for Jersey. Don't they have pretty strict laws?

Mighta been a better idea to toss that suitcase in the back of a rental car as opposed to attracting the attention of Thousands Standing Around.

I think the hollowpoints are also an issue in NJ.  Not that whoever did that doesn't already have enough problems.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

I think the hollowpoints are also an issue in NJ.  Not that whoever did that doesn't already have enough problems.....

You're right. I forgot they didn't like those there!

Scary thing is, the good guys really only catch the stupid criminals (not that I believe possession of HP ammo should be a crime).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tadbart said:

Never, ever, have I considered the TSA to be "the good guys."

About 8 years ago i was stopped by TSA for a check where they publicly checked my junk (groped me). 

It was nice to know what God gave me could be declared an national concern, interest, even danger.

But what frosts my flakes was during a different trip when they stopped an army officer in his class A uniform for a check.

I told them flat out.  That man is on our side!

They i got pulled out for another inspection.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

Oh, and I need to correct myself.

Never, ever, have I considered the TSA to be "the good guys."

as you were.

Ouch!

Back in the day I worked for the TSA; at the end of my career I was a BDO, Behaviour Detection Officer; I can still tell when people are lying to me - not a bad skill to have. But early on I started in a small airport in WV. We had three flights out a day. A lot of busy for a hour then a lot of nothing for four hours.

One day I was checking a bag and that was back when you could not fly with matches in checked bags. I found some and threw them in the box where stuff gets thrown away at the end of the day. Then we were to put in a nasty-gram saying we took your illegal matches. I did that and sent the bag on to go on the airplane.

One of my Deputy friends was there on duty watching the flight and we started BS'ing. I was fiddling with the match box and finally pushed it open and said , " Oh **** ". I showed it to Larry and he asked what bag it came from.

It was a joint.

I said I thought it came from a girl with a big floppy hat and a long hippy type dress and I described the bag. By that time the other guy that was working the flight came over.

Larry got the joint and the match box told us to come with him. We walked into the terminal where people were waiting to board. I pointed out who I thought it was and Larry went over to talk with her; what's your name, describe your bag, did anybody handle it before you got to the airport, just to get her down on record.

He finally opened up the match box and the girl just melted.

Luckily she just got a misdemeanor summons and still got the fly.

Worked for a while in FL which I was building my house; found a gun in a purse and a single round of ammo in a jacket lining. Those people got more than summons'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Ouch!

Back in the day I worked for the TSA; at the end of my career I was a BDO, Behaviour Detection Officer; I can still tell when people are lying to me - not a bad skill to have. But early on I started in a small airport in WV. We had three flights out a day. A lot of busy for a hour then a lot of nothing for four hours.

One day I was checking a bag and that was back when you could not fly with matches in checked bags. I found some and threw them in the box where stuff gets thrown away at the end of the day. Then we were to put in a nasty-gram saying we took your illegal matches. I did that and sent the bag on to go on the airplane.

One of my Deputy friends was there on duty watching the flight and we started BS'ing. I was fiddling with the match box and finally pushed it open and said , " Oh **** ". I showed it to Larry and he asked what bag it came from.

It was a joint.

I said I thought it came from a girl with a big floppy hat and a long hippy type dress and I described the bag. By that time the other guy that was working the flight came over.

Larry got the joint and the match box told us to come with him. We walked into the terminal where people were waiting to board. I pointed out who I thought it was and Larry went over to talk with her; what's your name, describe your bag, did anybody handle it before you got to the airport, just to get her down on record.

He finally opened up the match box and the girl just melted.

Luckily she just got a misdemeanor summons and still got the fly.

Worked for a while in FL which I was building my house; found a gun in a purse and a single round of ammo in a jacket lining. Those people got more than summons'.

Dude, you gotta expect to catch hell, if you worked for the TSA! Seems like different airports have different uh, cultures of TSA officers. Orlando is pretty chill, and you might get sniffed by a puppydog if you're lucky. Bozeman and Colorado Springs have sticks up their asses. Denver cannot be bothered with anything other than keeping the weed off the planes. Anchorage don't give a flying F bout nothin.

I always worry about some loose round finding its way into a jacket pocket or corner of a suitcase. And I'm sure it pisses them off that my pistol case is cable locked to the suitcase frame. I get the "we fondled your ****" paper every time I fly.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Historian said:

About 8 years ago i was stopped by TSA for a check where they publicly checked my junk (groped me). 

It was nice to know what God gave me could be declared an national concern, interest, even danger.

But what frosts my flakes was during a different trip when they stopped an army officer in his class A uniform for a check.

I told them flat out.  That man is on our side!

They i got pulled out for another inspection.

How DARE you do anything but silently submit to your groping, citizen?

I have a pair of jeans that I just won't fly in, anymore. Something in the left lower leg sets off the alert in the takeapicofyourballs3000 machine. EVERY TIME. Which then leads to "oooh! he's wearing a belt with no metal that didn't set off the alarm that we didn't notice!" Yeah, F those guys. I'm pretty pro- good guys, I just can't get it into my head that they're actually good guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Dude, you gotta expect to catch hell, if you worked for the TSA! Seems like different airports have different uh, cultures of TSA officers. Orlando is pretty chill, and you might get sniffed by a puppydog if you're lucky. Bozeman and Colorado Springs have sticks up their asses. Denver cannot be bothered with anything other than keeping the weed off the planes. Anchorage don't give a flying F bout nothin.

I always worry about some loose round finding its way into a jacket pocket or corner of a suitcase. And I'm sure it pisses them off that my pistol case is cable locked to the suitcase frame. I get the "we fondled your ****" paper every time I fly.

I never caught much hell about it. I worked in a very small airport in WV when I lived there. Applied after 911 to try to prevent another one. All of the guys and some of the gals working there were vets. I actually trained most of them for their CCW license once they found out I was an instructor. The Sheriff had his training range off the access road leading to the airport and he gave the TSA folks permission to use it. In fact we had a TSA team for the Sheriff's monthly shoots against the other local departments; other SO's, local PD's and the Treasury Department.

When you won one of those matches, the prize was one of these t-shirts.

billgun2.jpg.630d7ebc01c74ca6651e127ca1f21536.jpg

I've still got a drawer full of them.

:whistling:

Most people we treated like adults.

The non adult adults were not treated like adults. A few got led away in cuffs.

All in all a pretty interesting job, but I would only do it in a small airport. I got trained in Detroit Airport before I started.

No Friggin' way would I work in a big airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

I'm just happy my "unit" finally got the respect it deserves.  :whistling:

A threat to society.

You might have looked like a “tester”; those people always got extra attention.

Was sitting in the airport one day and saw a car pull in to a .gov parking spot. Watched two men and a lady get out with bags for the early flight.

Big Red Flags Waving.

Turned out they were testers, had Perfect fake ID’s. I found the bomb “ artfully concealed “ in the lady’s carry on case in pieces. One of the guys had a 442 hidden in a Thunderwear holster and the lady was wearing a long skirt and had another 442 in a high thigh holster. The third guy had a gun SOB in his pants secured with a clip - no real holster.

Luckily we caught everything.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

My best TSA (Miami) experience was when I was declared "explosive".

Cops, MIBs, rifles, dogs, bomb squad, lab techs, stripped to my underwear.....

After I had missed my flight, they just said, "Ok.  Bye."

Do you use glycerin hand creams ?

• Haha 1

WP, I fear some tongue-in-cheek humor might have been missed. No doubt, most folks got into the job early on for the right reason.

I just think it evolved into a government jobs program, where any slack-jaw with a pulse can hassle thousands of normal people, and the bosses put just enough fear of losing said job (those testers) to keep em somewhat honest.

I mean, come on. Hajiv and his whole shifty-eyed family saunter through security in their sandals and sheets, but TSA is busy groping Historian, and tossing all the potentially explosive drinks in the same garbage can? :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1