What is with apps that need location permission to work??

RenoF250

What is with these apps that require location permission to work that have NO reason to need location.  I have a couple of IP camera apps and now just got some hearing aids for the wife that want location, why?

Annoys the hell out me and makes me quite nervous they have some nefarious tracking goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And that's why i carry an RFID bag in the Historian-Wagen.   

In it goes.  And like a submarine in the night...i disappear until whatever i'm doin is done.

Cell phone never goes to poker games, gun ships, and strip joints (just kidding, i haven't been to one in 25 years).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Historian said:

And that's why i carry an RFID bag in the Historian-Wagen.  

Bingo!

A friend of a friend was once flabbergasted and made fun of me because I didn't have my phone with me.  "He leaves his phone at home,  but I'll bet he has two knives in his pockets!!?!"

Bingo!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

Bingo!

A friend of a friend was once flabbergasted and made fun of me because I didn't have my phone with me.  "He leaves his phone at home,  but I'll bet he has two knives in his pockets!!?!"

Bingo!

Honestly, if in in the church confessional bearing my heart and soul to Father Al...the phone can wait.

If i'm seeking spiritual salvation at my favorite watering hole...the phone can wait.

• Like 1

I carry a phone.  I do not get many calls on it.  If a call goes to voice mail, my voice mail tells the caller that I will not respond, so don't expect me to even check my voice mail.  The people that know me will call again if I don't pick up.  I always get calls when they are the most convenient for the caller and the least convenient for me!

My primary purpose for the phone is to have contact with my wife when she wanders off during shopping.  She, for the most part, is the only person that justifies a personal phone for me.

8 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My primary purpose for the phone is to have contact with my wife when she wanders off during shopping.  She, for the most part, is the only person that justifies a personal phone for me.

I have mine for work and family.  I prefer to talk to the exceptionally lovely Mrs. Historian. But more often enough its work.  Work can call me any anytime to respond to issues at the office.  Since they pay me....i really don't have a choice.

However, there is no reason for google or anyone else to know my patterns and where i go. 

More over.  During sensitive conversations at the office:  We do not allow phones of any kind within the room for security reasons.

• Thanks 1