Hot Sauce

Eric

15 minutes ago, Historian said:

I seem to have lost the booze in a incident involving a whale.

I think we went through that in my spear gun thread awhile ago....  You need to kill that whale.  Besides I need some lamp oil for my lamps.  Us country stump jumpers don't have reliable electrical do dads that work..

41 minutes ago, DrB said:

You need to kill that whale.  Besides I need some lamp oil for my lamps.  Us country stump jumpers don't have reliable electrical do dads that work..

Aye.  Kill the whale, i will....

To him, that whale, I say, "From hell's heart i stab at thee!"

• Haha 1

My house hot sauce that is pretty hot, tasty and goes with most things.

You can also make it by taking a jar of their sambal oelek and putting 4-5 garlic cloves in it and let it sit in the fridge for a bit. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/18/2020 at 2:41 PM, Peng said:

My house hot sauce that is pretty hot, tasty and goes with most things.

You can also make it by taking a jar of their sambal oelek and putting 4-5 garlic cloves in it and let it sit in the fridge for a bit. 

Capture.JPG

I add this to my soup.  Yummy!

@Eric if you have a Chipotle hot sauce you like, perhaps you can infuse smoke using a culinary smoke gun.

I got one off Amazon over a year ago, primarily used to add smoke to whiskey/Bourbon for cocktail entertaining.

Easy to use and affordable.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 2

I like Tabasco Chipotle. It isn't going to have the heat that original Tabasco will, because it is a different pepper. It isn't supposed to have the heat either, it is flavor. There are lots of hot sauces out there, but the flavor is from the smoked jalapenos.

Happy food wrecking.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, minderasr said:

I like Sriracha.  But more specifically you have to look for the rooster.  I use it like ketchup, on pretty much everything.

Sriracha.jpg

That is my all time favorite hot sauce. Tabasco is too watery and too vinegar-y. And what's really good is sriracha ketchup. It's the only ketchup I like.

5bcc_.jpg

• 6 months later...

Sriracha is good on Asian foods.

I’m a wimp with hot sauce, Frank’s Red Hot, jalapeño tobassco  and Valentina’s are about as hot as I can comfortably stand. Sometimes I use Scott’s BBQ sauce, don’t underestimate the black pepper corn.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Sriracha is good on Asian foods.

I’m a wimp with hot sauce, Frank’s Red Hot, jalapeño tobassco  and Valentina’s are about as hot as I can comfortably stand. Sometimes I use Scott’s BBQ sauce, don’t underestimate the black pepper corn.

The Chipotle Tabasco sauce is about the same heat as the jalapeño type and it has a great smoky flavor. I love the stuff. 

• Thanks 1