Hot Sauce

Eric

• Administrators

This seems like the right crowd for a hot sauce question. I like Tabasco's Chipotle pepper sauce, but it isn't hot enough. I'm looking for a chipotle hot sauce, or maybe something like a smoked garlic hot sauce, with about the same heat as the original Tabasco recipe. I like that smokey flavor. Any ideas?

Beyond that, what is your favorite hot sauce. Pics, if you have them.

1662755841_ScreenShot2020-07-16at12_28_25PM.thumb.png.2c1c51dd7f580e0539ef471a2eb737a6.png

• Like 3

If you live on the east coast you might be able to find Old Bay hot sauce in stores. It's not smokey, but I like it on wings and salads.

I like Frank's as my goto hot sauce & still take it over Old Bay on eggs.

I suspect Old Bay would work well in a Bloody Mary.

You can still find Old Bay on Amazon for high $ (it's limited edition, and sold out online from Old Bay.

I have tried a ton of hot sauces over the past 20+ yrs, wish I had kept a journal.

My family and friends use to regularly gift me hot sauces.

I only had 1 smokey Chipotle I liked, but it was long ago and faded from my memory.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Texas Pete, Frank's, Cholula, and Sriracha are my go to store bought sauces.

I make some of my own, including a sriracha type, spicy Cholula, etc.  I'm waiting on a few more ripe aji benitos to make a sauce out of them.

When I really want to blow something up, I use Raw Heat.  It'll give you the ring of fire.

• Like 1

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, TBO said:

For a slightly different take on sriracha sauce try Yellow Bird brand Blue Agave sriracha.

I like it on eggs & pizza.

Yellowbird-Blue-Agave-Sriracha-9-oz_2000x2000_dcf29c63-66ad-4f5e-bc9b-9a3bb0fbabfa_590x.jpg?v=1594847860

OK, who else had a flashback to Basic Training when you saw the name 'Yellow Bird'?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, minderasr said:

I like Sriracha.  But more specifically you have to look for the rooster.  I use it like ketchup, on pretty much everything.

+1 on Sriracha, the Real Sriracha!

i cant go much hotter anymore, but i like the Flavor and not just heat.

Sriracha in Campbell`s Vegetable Soup is a Whole different Soup

• Like 3

Oh man, that Tia Lupita has the color DOWN! that stuff looks yum! I haven't tried many outside of Tabasco's chipotle and much hotter than regular Tabasco.

I'm kinda boring with hot sauce- plain Tabasco is fine, and I'll throw whatever the restaurant has on a plate of sausage and eggs.

Know what I could eat a gallon of- Chipotle's green tomatillo salsa. I'd schmear that on EVERYTHING.

4 hours ago, Eric said:

This seems like the right crowd for a hot sauce question. I like Tabasco's Chipotle pepper sauce, but it isn't hot enough. I'm looking for a chipotle hot sauce, or maybe something like a smoked garlic hot sauce, with about the same heat as the original Tabasco recipe. I like that smokey flavor. Any ideas?

Beyond that, what is your favorite hot sauce. Pics, if you have them.

1662755841_ScreenShot2020-07-16at12_28_25PM.thumb.png.2c1c51dd7f580e0539ef471a2eb737a6.png

Why not mix chipotle and either the original or scorpion pepper type.

A long time ago this was a regular for me.

1130__34338.1565712812.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Scorned Woman Hot Sauce. Hell Hath No Fury Like A Scorned Woman! 

From Hotlanta, GA comes this wicked woman. The Scarlett O'Hara of hot sauce. This is the sauce that started the Legend of Scorned Woman.

The world's most flavorful hot, hot sauce. An award winning habanero sauce that is not for the faint of heart. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Why not mix chipotle and either the original or scorpion pepper type.

Yeah, I thought about that. I could get a bottle of regular & a bottle of chipotle, mix them and then refill the two bottles with the blend. It would be an inexpensive experiment. Maybe I’ll put a couple of drops of liquid smoke in the mix, to make up for get chipotle flavor being diluted. 

Thanks for the input. 

I'm quite the masochist when it comes to spicy foods.  I'm not interested in the flavor of hot sauce, all I care about is the pure heat so I go right to the extracts.  I'm really not looking forward to the day when I get too old to enjoy heat.

2016-07-09 11.57.59.jpg

13 hours ago, Cheygriz said:

Tabasco Habernero. regular tabasco, and Tabasco Scorpion.

1124445026_scorpionsauce).png.2ea621102d1b4e7c5c00b4ba8f603dfe.png

I have a bottle of this on my desk at work.  Not only is it tasty.  But i can throw it and it will generally act like  grenade.

It's good.  Excellent.  But you'll spend a lot of time sounding like your at a church revival, "Sweet Jesus, have mercy!"

• Like 1

Ok, let's start this one by saying i have a thing for hot sauce.   Perhaps an "issue" that requires intervention.    I even make my own hot sauce.   Everyone leaves the area when i do.  And some have been good and some have...needed improvement.

But Mrs. Historian purchased this for me last Christmas.  Yeah.  You don't just put it on a hot dog.  You put a couple of drops in your (not her's) pot of chili.  You know, the one you make outside and eat outside because it's too much for inside.  Yeah....it will make you wonder if your ass is going China syndrome.

Mad Dog 357 Plutonium 9 Million Scoville Pepper Extract - Ashley ...

• Sad 1