State of your LGS

Al Czervik

I made the rounds of the local gun stores today.  They were packed.  The inventory was low.  There were no or few AR pistols, Shockwave types, KSGs, Dracomajigs, Rattlers, etc.  Bulk ammo is nonexistent.  I saw a 1/2 case of 115 gr cheap 9mm for over $600.

• Sad 1

The only one I've been to lately was Bass Pro.  The shelves were stripped.  They didn't have any long guns related to self defense, and mostly bolt action type hunting rifles.  No shotguns, but a few pistols.  They had a sign in the main aisle that read "Gun Purchase Line Starts Here" and had the counter roped off to direct the flow.  It wasn't busy that day, but the rush was likely over.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Historian said:

Packed.  But im also trying to stay out of them this year.

I have a tendency to fall in love and adopt things i don't need.

preachit.jpg.fad4d978cd916a1d47e60987bcac30fb.jpg

This is my LGS - Florida Gun Exchange; this is half of their display. It is always packed.  I know one of the principles and have been dealing with them for 15 years.

fge_1.jpg.d299d5f771e57a1e022f969766496909.jpg

Edited by willie-pete
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good thing that places is far way.  Also doesn't look like the have a lot of older stuff.  :) I really like older pistols.

My local dealer currently has a 1928 Colt Challenger with holster.   He's had it on consignment for months.  I bet i can talk the dude down to $400. 

Maybe less.   But I'm trying to stay away from such temptation.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Historian said:

Good thing that places is far way.  Also doesn't look like the have a lot of older stuff.  :) I really like older pistols.

My local dealer currently has a 1928 Colt Challenger with holster.   He's had it on consignment for months.  I bet i can talk the dude down to $400. 

Maybe less.   But I'm trying to stay away from such temptation.

jim

This is my backup LGS; AAA Pawn. They have a LOT of older stuff.

I've done a bit of business with them also.

:whistling:

aaapawn.PNG.b914f616c530e8663d20d38bace6c195.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

That's what i think a gun shop should look like.

The owner knows me. I walked in one day and said, " I've got something to show you I just got in. "

It was a Smith Model 52.

52_1.thumb.jpg.bc0288deacddd7efaf040f26525874d2.jpg

I obviously said , " SOLD ", when he showed it to me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

The owner knows me. I walked in one day and said, " I've got something to show you I just got in. "

It was a Smith Model 52.

52_1.thumb.jpg.bc0288deacddd7efaf040f26525874d2.jpg

I obviously said , " SOLD ", when he showed it to me.

You're dealer is like that, too?

Hold on a second!  This just came in.  Guy wants $600 for it.    

Yeah.   Sold.  Like i needed another .22 LR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Historian said:

You're dealer is like that, too?

Hold on a second!  This just came in.  Guy wants $600 for it.    

Yeah.   Sold.  Like i needed another .22 LR.

Yeah, same here. This is the .22 gun rack in the safe. They all don't fit in the rack.

And this is an old picture.

:supergrin:

22pistol.thumb.JPG.95b571bb1e74d54eb8f256a8931aaa1b.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

Yeah, same here. This is the .22 gun rack in the safe. They all don't fit in the rack.

And this is an old picture.

:supergrin:

Yeah.  I understand.  We both think we should have some kind of home for old pistols.  :)

• Like 2

My LGS inventory was way down. Mostly empty shelves and racks. I did find a 1951 Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 caliber. It looks brand new and the bore is pristine. My lucky day because I can't find any Model 94's locally. Pics are on my phone and I'm on the desktop. I will try to load some pics later.

Edited by Pima Pants
  • Like 1

couple weeks back i went to my old LGS in Minnesota and they saw me coming in and yelled out "We got no damn MK 262!"

they were sold out of the front inventory and the back room stuff was already halfway gone.

waiting on Pistol Ammo and said no chance or Center fire Rifle stuff for awhile.

lots of people who never owned a Handgun before were mad they couldn't just go in and walk out with a new one.....Typical Liberals.

it was in the Western Burbs of Minneapolis though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

lots of people who never owned a Handgun before were mad they couldn't just go in and walk out with a new one.....Typical Liberals.

Seen a lot of people go through that.  Wait...state law says X number of days.   But the county says is X+2!    Why is this county different?

Well douche bang you elected those people.  That's why.

But good lucky.  Since you're cutting the cops budget by  a pile o cash....maybe one of them will arrive in time at your house to prevent your problem.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Historian said:

Seen a lot of people go through that.  Wait...state law says X number of days.   But the county says is X+2!    Why is this county different?

Well douche bang you elected those people.  That's why.

But good lucky.  Since you're cutting the cops budget by  a pile o cash....maybe one of them will arrive in time at your house to prevent your problem.

yeah, they have no real idea what they Voted for, Sounded Good To them at the time.

i remember during President Obama`s Re-Election that Store sold out Long Guns and Magazines and Ammo and that was after Half of the Buyers were tossed out because of Failed Back Grounds and Admitting to Straw Purchases. and they get mad at the Owners for Laws they wanted.

• Thanks 1

The family has a lot of classes coming up (various pistol and rifle), and our blue press is down, so I've been checking the local stores for ammo... of the 4 to the north of me, only one has any 9mmFMJ at all, and they have a 250 round (5 box) limit per customer.  No one else has anything but defensive.  South of me there are 2 more stores, no 9mm at all in one, only defensive in the other.  Everyone still has .22 but only one store has any CCI, the others have weird stuff in small amounts except Dunhams which last week still had Federal in reasonable amounts.  Everyone still has guns, but nowhere near the normal numbers.  No one has 5.56.  Everyone has stuff on order but no idea when their suppliers will get it to them.  It's... interesting.

• Sad 1

It's too hot to shoot at the overcrowded outdoor range, I hate indoor ranges due to the sociological impairments that their "members" seem to have, and if I want to shoot in the wilderness - it's an all day trip to the neighboring county.

Guns are an afterthought these days.

• Sad 1

Just now, blueiron said:

It's too hot to shoot at the overcrowded outdoor range, I hate indoor ranges due to the sociological impairments that their "members" seem to have, and if I want to shoot in the wilderness - it's an all day trip to the neighboring county.

Guns are an afterthought these days.

Hell, I'm just not willing to shoot any ammo that I currently have, as the supply chain is kaput.  I may have only XX,XXX rounds, and my supply ain't getting more robust any time soon.

• Sad 1

Ammo seems to be okay with various Albuquerque gun shops but slim pickings with guns of various kinds.  One shop that deals more with hunting arms still has a bunch of bolt action and lever rifles plus pump shotguns. Even then it’s still nowhere as much as they usually stock. 

only one shop actually has a good amount of handguns and modern sporting rifles. Probably because nobody knew that joint exists - they don’t advertise but rely on words of mouth.  Even then the MSRs get sold pretty quick.  

• Like 1

We seem to be getting ammunition in the area.  

Not as much and there are limits.

But i usually only shoot a couple hundred rounds per range trip.  And as little as I go out.  That is less than 1000 rounds a year.

10 years ago was a different story.  I was putting 10,000+ rounds down range a year.  But i was training very hard at the time. 

• Like 1

My LGS is run by a bunch of bedwetting zoomers who don't know crap about guns or how to properly price their ammo.  I only go in there to check out the used guns that come into their store.  I need to just get my C&R license already. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Maser said:

My LGS is run by a bunch of bedwetting zoomers who don't know crap about guns or how to properly price their ammo.  I only go in there to check out the used guns that come into their store.  I need to just get my C&R license already. 

I was standing there one day and this woman kept waiving the pistols she was looking at around the room.  When she pointed it at her husband's junk and made a comment....the employee...not the owner...started putting pistols away took that one from her...and said...I don't feel comfortable with you purchasing this pistol.  He told her..to come back when she had proof of a safety course....or she could buy somewhere else.

We bought that man lunch.

She was an idiot.  A complete, mouth watering, idiot.   A village somewhere had ejected her from the village for safety reasons and to raise the intelligence level of the village.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1