My old ass is whipped tonight

I have been out in the sun for the past 6 hours working on my new deck project. Should be done tomorrow. I'm building a 20x20 treated wood deck to relocate my sauna to. The sauna is 12x16 so I'll have some nice deck space on the side and a porch on the front. Just put a new metal roof on the sauna a couple weeks ago. I am also building a new fire pit for this project. It's going to be nice when it's done. I'll leave my outdoor chairs on the deck along with a bbq grill. I also have deck chairs and a grill on the deck (12x36) on the back of the house on the upper story. It's been a busy summer so far. I'll try to post some pics of the project tonight if I don't run out of steam.

Kept thinking of Tadbart as I was out there working. Hope he is improving and recovering. Gonna drink a cold beer to thoughts of his revival tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Come on up fellows, and fellowettes, for a sit down by the bonfire, cold beer, and animals cooked on the grill.

with all thats going on in the World right now,

Good People around a Fire Alone would be worth it.

Adding Cold Beer and Grilled Moose would make us Permanent..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

with all thats going on in the World right now,

Good People around a Fire Alone would be worth it.

Amen to that.  I have to come here to find people who are like minded (and civil). 

17 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Come on up fellows, and fellowettes, for a sit down by the bonfire, cold beer, and animals cooked on the grill.

Did you say you were cooking an old donkey for dinner?  I'm in.  I hear it's considered a delicacy in France.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

The older I get the more I plan work around the heat of the day. 

I got up early to change the blades on the riding mower before the temps went over 90.

I didn't need to do that, I'm just going stir crazy staying in the house to hide from the heat.........

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

The older I get the more I plan work around the heat of the day. 

THIS.  This is the first year I've had to say screw it at 1:00 and go do something in the shade until 4:00, because if I don't, I'm incoherent by 4:00 and worthless for the rest of the day, and not worth much the next day, either.  I'm so over this 90 degree weather every single afternoon.  Supposedly we're going to get rain on Friday and the temps will go back down... to the mid 80s, but with the added humidity I don't think I'm going to feel better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Amen to that.  I have to come here to find people who are like minded (and civil). 

Did you say you were cooking an old donkey for dinner?  I'm in.  I hear it's considered a delicacy in France.

We'll be cooking some kind of animal. Might even make sure it's dead first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

The building there is a 12x16 sauna. It will get turned 90 degrees and set on the far side of the platform. That will leave an 8x20 deck on the side where the new fire pit will be and a 4' on the front.

DSCN9569.JPG

DSCN9571.JPG

That’s going to be really nice!

• Like 2