Change of diet

Never had moose. I do love elk, white tail, and bison, so I imagine moose would fallow in those lines. Odd thing. LostWife is deathly allergic to beef. Does terrible things to her. She can eat game. Usually a red meat allergy is all of them, so it is weird.

Edited by LostinTexas

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

Never had moose. I do love elk, white tail, and bison, so I imagine moose would fallow in those lines. Odd thing. LostWife is deathly allergic to beef. Does terrible things to her. She can eat game. Usually a red meat allergy is all of them, so it is weird.

I have eaten all kinds of wild game. Deer, elk bison, goat, sheep, antelope, bear. Big fan of wild sheep and mountain goat. Of the rest, moose is at the top of the list.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I have eaten all kinds of wild game. Deer, elk bison, goat, sheep, antelope, bear. Big fan of wild sheep and mountain goat. Of the rest, moose is at the top of the list.

Never been much on sheep, wild or domestic. I like Aoudad ok, but it needs to be freshly cooked and off the fire. Antelope, no matter the species seems to be very good. A friend gave us some nilgai, and I wish I had access to those things. Not sure I could handle enough rifle to take one down these days though. They say those things are tough.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 3:13 PM, Walt Longmire said:

You betcha. I have halibut waiting to be prepared tonight.

mmmmm...  Halibut. deep fried, with "chips" (Fries) cooked in the same grease and served with salt and malt vinegar!?

• Like 1