Anyone here remember "Old Mr. Boston"?

DrB

I remember one night at the drive in puking my guts out in the 70's drinking their so called version of Vodka. My date was not impressed.  Top shelf stuff they made........  I don't even think that stuff would make good bug and tar remover.

A few years later I went to a get together my cheapskate boss gave and his bar was stocked with nothing but Old Mr. Boston in every variety they made.  I politely declined any drinks.

Dave.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Remember it, i grew up by the Distillery and the outlet store (Packie as we`de call it) we could get it like 70% off.

even then we avoided it. it was made in Roxbury and that was Not a place you went to to shop.

Rock and Rye was all i could stomach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

Remember it, i grew up by the Distillery and the outlet store (Packie as we`de call it) we could get it like 70% off.

70% off..  What did it cost then, about 12 cents a fifth?  It was dirt cheap at full price...

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, Zonny said:

Hmmmm I don’t think it ever made it this far West. 

I don't think it would have lasted that long before it went rancid in the bottle to get shipped West of the Mississippi river..

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Historian said:

i feel like i missed out!

Thank God you did.  Unless you wanted to be the better entertainment than the third movie in a Drive in Theater.  Folks were watching me more than the movie heaving up my guts standing behind my car, puking all over my shoes.  Not to say my date bitching at me and looking for another ride home.

Nope you didn't miss much...  Dave

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Historian said:

Sounds to me like you left a lasting impression on that lovely young lady.

Shure did.  We ran into each other many years later and the first thing she remembered and spoke about was the night at the drive in theater.  So you are correct...  Oh and to add.... she remembered the Old Mister Boston Vodka.

Dave...

Edited by DrB
  • Sad 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, deputy tom said:

Yes, I used to drink their Gin. The last time I ever bought some it didn't have the Juniper taste. Mislabeled Vodka. I returned it to the State Store and switched to a better brand and haven't looked back. tom. :cowboy2:

is this what you had?  Looks like top shelf stuff..

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DrB said:

Shure did.  We ran into each other many years later and the first thing she remembered and spoke about was the night at the drive in theater.  So you are correct...  Oh and to add.... she remembered the Old Mister Boston Vodka.

Dave...

Some things bring us shame...and...we're glad it did.  :)

My bet is this stuff kills the Co-Vid.

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

Some things bring us shame...and...we're glad it did.  :)

My bet is this stuff kills the Co-Vid.

Yep.... we had a good laugh over that wonderful evening, many years ago........

• Haha 1