Lord have mercy on Common Core...

Mrs.Cicero

I follow some homesteader boards, which are usually both fun and helpful.  Today, though, one of the boards had a post from someone who thought that adding a rabbit feed with 16% protein to oats with 8% protein would result in a 24% protein feed.  I.  Can't.  Even.  

To steal someone else's comment from the thread... "Math Doesn't Work Like That."

I no longer wonder why so many rabbits die at the hands of new owners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I follow some homesteader boards, which are usually both fun and helpful.  Today, though, one of the boards had a post from someone who thought that adding a rabbit feed with 16% protein to oats with 8% protein would result in a 24% protein feed.  I.  Can't.  Even.  

To steal someone else's comment from the thread... "Math Doesn't Work Like That."

so that's why they weren't laying any eggs..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

My daughter was a vet tech. She has tons of rabbit horror stories. Rabbits are Rear Gut Digesters. That means they nibble on food constantly. They need a good supply of Timothy Hay or similar to eat all the time.

She has seen way to many dead and dying rabbits who were given a carrot and a little lettuce a couple times a day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Feed pellets and hay are literally all a rabbit needs to eat to stay alive and healthy.  I have had to put so many pet rabbits down because idiot parents give their kids bunnies as Easter presents and know nothing about a rabbit's diet and they feed it carrots and fruit and NOTHING ELSE which eventually screws up the stomach to the point it needs to be put down because they don't wanna deal with vet bills.   Seriously, every pet shop that sells pet rabbits also sells cheap books that tell how to properly care for a rabbit.  If you can afford all the supplies needed for a rabbit including the cost of the rabbit, you can afford the extra 3 or 4 bucks for said book.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2