China Caught Smuggling 10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Into Louisville By US Customs

pipedreams

"China has been caught smuggling 10,800 Assault Weapons parts into Louisville by US Customs and Border Protection officers. The shipment arriving from Shenzhen, China, and destined for a residence in Melbourne, Florida was seized on May 22. The parcel was manifested as containing 100 Steel Pin Samples – a common practice used by smugglers for contraband trafficking.

At the Express Consignment Operations hubs in Louisville U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers seized a shipment from China that contained over 10,000 Assault Weapons parts being smuggled into the country. As per the CBP press release:"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-caught-smuggling-10800-assault-weapons-parts-louisville-us-customs

https://greatgameindia.com/china-smuggling-assault-weapons-us/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Historian said:

Hmm....yeah.   So....China...whatcha going to do about this?

Eat another bat.  We'll get back to you with this one.

We need to talk to someone in Florida.

I would guess someone has already had a visit.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Fake gold, polluted medicine and food, poison sheetrock, corona, cloned products. Nothing good comes from there.

My buddy's wife is hotter than a $2 pistol, votes Republican, hates the CCP is convincing many of her Chinese freinds of the same...

and he imported her. 

And i mean had to do ton's and ton's of paperwork to import her from mainland China.

She went to a highly respected massage school here in the US.  The bastard (my friend) gets regular massages.

She also cooks wonderfully.

She's a good import. I have no sympathy for my buddy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We gun owners should know better than listen to liberals and bureaucrats when they use terms like "assault weapons". 

I'd like to know what parts they were and who was at the destination.  I couldn't tell from the pic, which may tell us something.  A lot of those parts may be for legitimate use.  Trigger groups, butt stocks, furniture, pistol grips, spike bayonets, magazines.  There are any number of "assault weapon parts" that are perfectly legal.  

I have a couple sets of "assault weapons parts" from China.  They are on an SKS and a Lynx 12 shotgun.  Both of those are perfectly legal "semi automatic assault weapons."

Forgive me for my big yawn until I know what parts and why. 

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Come on, PPQer. It aint' like the gummint would lie to us...

I know, forgive me.  They certainly wouldn't lie, but they would definitely omit a lot of specifics.  Here is the article at the CBP site.  No specifics at all.  

Whatever it is, has a value of about $12 each.  Magazines maybe?

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/10800-assault-weapons-parts-seized-cbp-louisville

10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized by CBP in Louisville

LOUISVILLE, Ky—At the Express Consignment Operations hubs in Louisville U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers seized a shipment from China that contained over 10,000 Assault Weapons parts being smuggled into the country. 

The shipment was seized on May 22. Officers inspected the item, which was arriving from Shenzhen, China, destined for a residence in Melbourne, Florida. The parcel was manifested as containing 100 Steel Pin Samples. This is a common practice of smugglers manifesting the contraband as a harmless or a legitimate commodity in hopes of eluding further examination.

“The importing of any type of munitions is regulated by the ATF,” said Thomas Mahn, Port Director, Louisville.  “This smuggler was knowingly trying to avoid detection, however, our officers remain vigilant, ensuring our community is safe.”  

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) regulates and restricts firearms and ammunition. Importation of weapons or ammunition must be made by a licensed importer, dealer or manufacturer.

Officers referred the shipment to the CBP Center of Excellence and Expertise, Machinery team who appraised the shipment with a domestic value of $129,600.

CBP's border security mission is led at ports of entry by CBP officers from the Office of Field Operations.  CBP officers use a variety of techniques to intercept narcotics, unreported currency, weapons, prohibited agriculture, and other illicit products, and to assure that global tourism remains safe and strong. 

Please visit CBP Ports of Entry to learn more about how CBP’s Office of Field Operations secures our nation’s borders.

Rumor has it, they were addressed to David Koresh.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

So, what exactly were these parts?

EGGzactly.  

Estimated value of $129600 for 10,800 parts.  $12 each.  It's hard for me to count the bags, but it appears to be somewhere between 30 and 50 bags, which breaks down to between 200 and 360 parts per bag.

The article doesn't say one specific part, or a mixture of parts.  I would think if they were full auto sears, they would cost more than $12, and the details would be specific.  That would be of serious concern with a high shock value.  I'm not that great with AK parts, but some of those look like the cabling of the trigger group. 

If the parts were large like furniture, it would take more bags and room.  Even 10k magazines would take more space than that.

Whatever they are, "assault weapons parts" is the best they can do for shock effect.  "Full Auto Sears" would be of the most concern, but not used.

Somebody with a better display than mine and a good understanding of the AK should be able to zoom in and tell us what they are.

• Like 1

Another angle would be to find out if there are any companies like Century Arms in Melbourne Florida.  They could actually be parts needed for demilling AK's like they do the WASR-10.  Or making SKS or AK clones, and using genuine parts.

The only crime mentioned seems to be mislabeling the shipment to avoid detection.  There is no mention that the parts are actually illegal or what they could be used for.  I would think full auto sears would get the recipient arrested.  The parts could very well be legit, and the intended receiver perfectly legal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even if they were fully assembled AKs, at $129,000 total street value, assuming $500 retail for each gun that would be 258 guns.  :dunno:  It's kind of a nothing burger until you throw the nondescript 10,000 assault weapon 'parts' in there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

what parts are Illegal to own in the US, were they receivers or sears?

Neither of these are illegal in the US.  But they have to come in to the country legally.  That may be what's illegal about the shipment.  Just a guess.

Sounds to me like a poorly written headline.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...