Canadian Full Flush Toilets

DrB

Can you bring the good normal capacity ones here?  Or is it a federal crime to bring here like the good Cuban cigars?  Just asking for a friend.  I just rebuilt one of my original pre-flush ban ones here. Would put Al Bundy's  Furguson to shame.  3.5 gallons of wonderful flush.  Just curious for a friend........

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Batesmotel said:

It is illegal to import Canadian toilets into the USA. That said, there is a thriving black market for them. 

That's what I thought. Thanks.    Dave..

• Like 1

"It's a kitschy planter for our yard."

"I'm going to put it in the chicken coop."

Canada won't let me cross their border with a bag of hand tools.  I might do some work.

A toilet will get you, "Would you please pull over there  and step out of your car, Sir?"

• Sad 1

We once went to Niagara Falls.  Walked over the bridge and spent the day in 'Da.   I needed a souvenir.

I bought a puck.  With a maple leaf on it.

But you can't walk across the bridge with a Canadian puck.

They ask if you bought anything.  And then they take the puck from you.

And put it with everyone else's stuff,  on the bench you can't get to.  You wait for 45 minutes.

Then the Mountie takes all the stuff,  and you follow him to the middle of the bridge,  and he hands it all off to our Border Patrol.

They take it to their bench, on our side of the bridge.  And look at all of it.

Then you get your puck.

Just now, Huaco Kid said:

I've told about the time I accidentally approached the border crossing with a handgun.

hooboy.

My barber forgot he had a handgun in his car crossing over...  That was back in the day though.  They told him to turn around and not come back.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DrB said:

My barber forgot he had a handgun in his car crossing over...  That was back in the day though.  They told him to turn around and not come back.

I got handcuffed for a couple hours.

I crossed all the lines,  but I was sincere.  So they let me go.

(They've got cameras and computers now.  I pretty much get ripped,  every time I cross, any more.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This got me thinking...  My mom was a young girl during prohibition and knew a fishing company up on Lake Erie that brought the good stuff in.  Was a thriving business and folks got rich.  I'm going to ask her to tell me some of the stories as she still is alive...

• Thanks 1

There was a still up here making moonshine.  I knew a kid who drove cars up to Detroit loaded and back with sugar.  They got busted but the sons went into the pot business, planes dropping bales in the fields.  The sons of the prohibition smugglers got busted for smuggling pot up from Florida along the east coast and into to the lake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrB said:

There was a still up here making moonshine.  I knew a kid who drove cars up to Detroit loaded and back with sugar.  They got busted but the sons went into the pot business, planes dropping bales in the fields.  The sons of the prohibition smugglers got busted for smuggling pot up from Florida along the east coast and into to the lake.

Don’t know for a fact, but I’ve heard that women are more willing to smuggle than men. 

• Confused 1

There was a beer-place in Wisconsin (two years ago?) that would drone-lift cases of beer to the guys ice-fishing on the lake.

They got shut down pretty quick.

(They probably didn't get shut down at all.  They just capped the local news-guy's leg.  And now no one knows about it ,again.)

MIL is doing a pre market remodel/updating of her 1955 ranch, my BIL "upgraded" her toilets to the flush twice for liquid ones.

i called DIBs on the old one that can flush a brick.

it will be a spare in our new place to match our other two 50s vintage toilets.

my understanding is you can't buy them whole anymore, but in pieces you can.

maybe someone told me that, maybe I'm making it up.

either way two is one, one is none and I have three!

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, G19Tony said:

I've had an air powered toilet for a number of years. Uses little water, and makes a sound that scares people. Nothing stays up. 

If I lay a palmetto root, and it clogs, and air leaks all over the floor, I'm cool with that. If I'm standing in 2 inches of shitwater with a coat hanger or a plunger, I'm not gonna have a good day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2