From The ‘Who Cares’ File

Eric

Are they still a thing?  I didn't think they were a thing anymore.

These groups need to really put some thought into their new names.  "Lady A"?  "The Chicks"?  Those don't make no sense?

Personally I'd go with MouseRat or Scarecrow Boat or something.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Eric said:

The Dixie Chicks have apparently dropped the ‘Dixie’ from their band names. A few replacement words spring to mind. If an irrelevant band changes their name and no one cares, does it make a sound?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/arts/music/dixie-chicks-change-name.html

What's even better is the story of Lady Antebellum.  They changed their name to "Lady A" but didn't do any research apparently to make sure the name was available.  Lady A is the stage name of an African-American blues singer in Seattle.  Who is justifiably upset.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/blues-singer-lady-a-speaks-out-country-band-lady-antebellum-same-name

When keeping it woke goes wrong.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

What's even better is the story of Lady Antebellum.  They changed their name to "Lady A" but didn't do any research apparently to make sure the name was available.  Lady A is the stage name of an African-American blues singer in Seattle.  Who is justifiably upset.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/blues-singer-lady-a-speaks-out-country-band-lady-antebellum-same-name

When keeping it woke goes wrong.....

Yeah, knee jerk reactions can have unintended consequences. You should probably look before you virtue-signal. 

• Thanks 1

I've always thought of them as the Ditzy Chicks. Some things never change. Still ditzy after all these years but no longer proud of their southern heritage now that all things about the south are bad including that racist cracker hillbilly music that's made them millions.

• Like 4

Is a member of the KKK no longer a klansman because he takes off his hood?  The Dicksy Chicks supported slavery, the KKK, and Jim Crow and are racists.  They all married white men.  Changing their name won't change what they stood for. 

Every award they ever received should be returned to the organization.  Their names should be scrubbed from human memory forever.

• Thanks 1

You know the worst part? Somewhere out there they have not only fans, but devoted fans. Sure, everybody wanted to boink 'em when they were good lookin' (the two good lookin' ones at least), but buy their record or pay to see 'em? Get serious.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

I saw several headlines, in different places,  saying they changed their name.  But I didn't care enough to click on any of them to find out what it changed to.

And I didn't click on your link,  so I still don't know.

And yet you replied to this post. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Dixie is a nickname for the Southern United States.  :faint:  I guess we are not allowed to use that term now.  The liberal fascist mind police strike again. 

Groupthink definition is - a pattern of thought characterized by self-deception, forced manufacture of consent, and conformity to group values and ethics.     https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/groupthink

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I stopped caring about them years ago. Not my kind of music...and i like country/western a little.   Depends on the song.

But those chicks?   Just another manifestation of a made up thing to sell music.

As Micheal Bolton once said in a movie.  They are a bunch of no talent ass clowns.

412559989_Michael_e1a6ba4d109ef2fa3fb4235cf0860a0b.jpg.17c99f8ba422413797912bb46d2e5683.jpg

• Haha 1

@Historian WHY SHOULD I CHANGE MY NAME? HE'S THE ONE THAT SUCKS!!!

This whole thing has become utter nonsense. People falling all over themselves to play the victim, or to virtue signal.

There was a time when I woulda been happy to just fly the American Flag and state flag over my future land out west. Now, it has to be Old Glory, State flag, Stars-n-Bars, and the Gadsden flag. Gonna need a really tall (and strong) flagpole.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Dixie is a nickname for the Southern United States.  :faint:  I guess we are not allowed to use that term now.  The liberal fascist mind police strike again. 

I was supposed to fly into North Carolina and drive to the other Carolina.

But I'm boycotting that racist state until they change their name.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Isn’t Dixie also a part of Utah?

Why, yes it is.  Thanks for pointing that out.  You learn something new everyday. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_(Utah)

Utah's Dixie is the nickname for the moderately populated, lower elevation area of south-central Washington County in southwestern Utah. Its climate is very mild when compared to the rest of Utah, and typical of the Mojave Desert, in which it lies. Situated below the Black Ridge and the Hurricane Cliffs, in the northeastern edge of the Mojave Desert,

• Thanks 1