One of Them Days

tadbart

Got off work at 0800. Stopped to get gas. Battery deader than JFK when I got done. Guy next to me wouldn't give me a jump (F his yankee ass). A dump truck driver offers a jump. Nada. This thing is DEAD. Fortunately , there's a Walmart across the street. I go into the gas station to let the cashier know what's up, and that I'll be back with a  battery or AAA. Buy new battery, push that gimp-ass cart all the way back over to the gas station. Split a knuckle in the change-out (with a Leatherman, I might add). Put the old battery in the truck bed. Put the Walmart cart in the truck bed. Cart brushes against glasses, which fall to the concrete, wrecking a lens.

Now I'm home, drunk on moonshine rum.

Got some exercise, some sunshine, a new battery, a lesson in mildness, and a nice buzz.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Got off work at 0800. Stopped to get gas. Battery deader than JFK when I got done. Guy next to me wouldn't give me a jump (F his yankee ass). A dump truck driver offers a jump. Nada. This thing is DEAD. Fortunately , there's a Walmart across the street. I go into the gas station to let the cashier know what's up, and that I'll be back with a  battery or AAA. Buy new battery, push that gimp-ass cart all the way back over to the gas station. Split a knuckle in the change-out (with a Leatherman, I might add). Put the old battery in the truck bed. Put the Walmart cart in the truck bed. Cart brushes against glasses, which fall to the concrete, wrecking a lens.

Now I'm home, drunk on moonshine rum.

Got some exercise, some sunshine, a new battery, a lesson in mildness, and a nice buzz.

All's well that ends well. tom. :cheers:

• Like 3

Ugh. It's Wednesday, not Monday. This should not have happened. Then again, I sucked a bug up my nose this AM. Maybe it is Monday.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to get a new battery. Living in the AZ heat, I buy a new battery every second summer. Dead or alive; I know its time is limited. I have no desire to be stuck anywhere. :(

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Zonny said:

Ugh. It's Wednesday, not Monday. This should not have happened. Then again, I sucked a bug up my nose this AM. Maybe it is Monday.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to get a new battery. Living in the AZ heat, I buy a new battery every second summer. Dead or alive; I know its time is limited. I have no desire to be stuck anywhere. :(

what kinda Bug was it?

33 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

@Tadbart, are the FL hospitals near you filling up with ChinaVirus patients? I saw where Newspeak was reporting the end of the world down there.

Not the famous TadBart but, Not so much in central Florida that I have heard. The Gov says there are higher infection rates, but it is infecting younger people more and they are less likely to need hospitalizations. 

One bar in Orlando got their liquor license pulled when pictures surfaced on line of people crammed in shoulder to shoulder with no masks on. Younger people seem to think they are bullet proof ( as did I when I was that age    :biggrin: ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

what kinda Bug was it?

There was an old lady that swallowed a fly. I don’t know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she’ll die.  

Just a little gnat. Bastard! 

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

@Tadbart, are the FL hospitals near you filling up with ChinaVirus patients? I saw where Newspeak was reporting the end of the world down there.

Volume is picking up, and I know the Lake County Jail is full of covid (RIP Master Deputy Jones), but it's not a dire situation just yet. Hospitals are still reeling from the loss of revenue due to extremely low census the last few months- the administrators aren't in any hurry to fully staff back up. They'll make their losses up on the backs of the nurses that still work there.

At first, I bemoaned my furlough, but it was a blessing in disguise. If my ER days are done for good, I think I'm ok with that. If not, that's cool too. I'm just not having DTs from not working there.

• Thanks 1