tell it like it is Richard

ASH

16 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

i haven't been to an NFL game since around 1992.  I haven't watched one since then, other than parts of an occasional Super Bowl.  The national felon's league can kiss my arse.

I'm more of a college football guy.  But that's going this way too, sadly.

• Like 3

I think it's time sports become a largely leftist activity.  Goddell is bowing, and NASCAR is virtue signaling.  If NASCAR is going to kiss the rump of people who don't even follow their sport, maybe it's time they lose even more fans.  All the most hated yankee drivers used the Confederate flag ban by NASCAR as their chance to virtue signal.

Yesterday I was waiting for service on my SUV, the TV was on ESPN and a quote from the NBA players union kept getting displayed.  The quote implied that America is turning a blind eye to things like George Floyd.  Floyd's death has not been ignored or swept under the rug.  Nobody outside of law enforcement is turning a blind eye or even justifying Chauvin's actions.  Even Sean Hannity is using it as a chance to virtue signal.  Chauvin is being labeled a murderer all over TV and the Web before he even sees the inside of a courtroom.  Fair trial?  No way.

I don't watch sports, and would occasionally watch NASCAR, but even NASCAR won't get my attention. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sports are grown men, playing children's games, and crying they're not making enought money.

Sports and the kardashians are the opiates of the people.  

Hero.jpg

Edited by Rellik
Added opiate remark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

i have over 20 years in emergency services.

Firefighters are regularly some of the most brave I've ever seen.

Fire makes no mistakes.  It is ruthless.  It is heartless.

yes!

that right there.

NASCAR drivers run away from the Fire.

Firefighters run into it.

One is Brave and the other is driving a car very fast for a long time in one direction.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

yes!

that right there.

NASCAR drivers run away from the Fire.

Firefighters run into it.

One is Brave and the other is driving a car very fast for a long time in one direction.

I would rather have someone shooting at me...than fight a fire.  People miss.  Fires consume.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Rellik said:

Sports are grown men, playing children's games, and crying they're not making enought money.

Hero.jpg

I may get hung up on this more than most people, but sports don't involve balls.  Sports are mountain climbing, wing shooting, bullfighting, fly fishing, skydiving, etc.  Anything with a ball is a game.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Look, they're making another left turn.  Oh lord, I wonder what's gonna happen next!  

- Sweeeeet Daddy Deeee   ( Jeff Dunhamm)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rellik said:

Hero.jpg

Funny thing about that picture is we had three deputies do basically that same thing in a fire, all of them got the life saving award for getting people out of a burning building. All three had burns, two had second degree burns under their body armor on their backs, they laid down on the floor as the fire rolled over the top of them. Then they jumped out a second story window to escape.

Firemen showed up and knocked the fire back very quickly, they saved a couple more people, then found the bodies of those that didn't make it.

But hell! Let's cut the budget! Abolish those white police that got burned to save minorities in government funded housing!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, Fog said:

Funny thing about that picture is we had three deputies do basically that same thing in a fire, all of them got the life saving award for getting people out of a burning building. All three had burns, two had second degree burns under their body armor on their backs, they laid down on the floor as the fire rolled over the top of them. Then they jumped out a second story window to escape.

Firemen showed up and knocked the fire back very quickly, they saved a couple more people, then found the bodies of those that didn't make it.

But hell! Let's cut the budget! Abolish those white police that got burned to save minorities in government funded housing!

Nobody needs a hero when they aren't being threatened with harm.  As soon as fate starts to take it's toll on them, they change their tune.  Then when they are rescued they go back to peeing on those who risk their lives for them.

Get burned once in a while, and remember who is important to you, not who panders to you!