Sparky

1 hour ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

It is so true what they say.  If you love what you're doing, then it isn't work.

So i'm getting close to the point where i can reach down and grab the zero zero ejector see handles and bail on the office.

And look forward to what makes me happy....and not work...even if it comes with work.

Can't wait to pull the pin on this hand grenade.

Just now, Historian said:

So i'm getting close to the point where i can reach down and grab the zero zero ejector see handles and bail on the office.

And look forward to what makes me happy....and not work...even if it comes with work.

Can't wait to pull the pin on this hand grenade.

Absolutely nothing is as rewarding as finally doing what you want, instead of what everyone else want's you to do for them.

I wish you the happiest time of your life when you retire.  Mine is!

I have been asked if I missed the involvement with my work.  My answer was that the day I walked out of the building, I started an entirely new adventure and relationship with my family.  You won't regret it at all!

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

Absolutely nothing is as rewarding as finally doing what you want, instead of what everyone else want's you to do for them.

I wish you the happiest time of your life when you retire.  Mine is!

I have been asked if I missed the involvement with my work.  My answer was that the day I walked out of the building, I started an entirely new adventure and relationship with my family.  You won't regret it at all!

Oh, Janice i have many miles ahead of me.   But when the time comes it will sublime.

The wife is graduating about this time next year from graduate school.

(right now we have nine college degrees between us).....

I don't know if i want to go back to school to get a masters in history....or PHD....or go to seminary school.

I've done my time.  You can place the flag on my coffin, i've earned it, and I'm ready to move on and be live and be happy.

And that may be the most honest thing i can say.

Thank you so much.

• Thanks 1