Scott Adams has had a brilliant insight about the demand for reparations

pipedreams

Long read but interesting.

"Whenever Democrats push race to the forefront of the news, reparations pop up.  The theory is that, because their forebears were kidnapped from Africa and enslaved in America, blacks will never catch up economically to whites.  It doesn't matter that there are no slaves or slave-owners today; that most whites are not descended from slave-owners; or that racism impoverished, rather than enriched the South."
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/06/scott_adams_has_had_a_brilliant_insight_about_the_demand_for_reparations.html

Adams is correct.  Keith Richburg's Out Of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa, about his job as the Washington Post's bureau chief in the 1990s, proves it.  Richburg's painful realization as he witnessed the daily horrors of life in Africa, whether from nature's or man's cruelty, was how lucky he was that his ancestors were enslaved:

• Thanks 1

Your life is what you make of it.  No one, nor anything, can change what you do with your life.  Unfortunately, in America, you are free to promote your skills to succeed, or throw your life away in squalor and self pity.  It's you choice and no one else's.

• Like 2

Keith Richburg's Out Of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa,

But I'm tired of lying. And I'm tired of all the ignorance and hypocrisy and the double standards I hear and read about Africa, much of it from people who've never been there, let alone spent three years walking around amid the corpses. Talk to me about Africa and my black roots and my kinship with my African brothers and I'll throw it back in your face, and then I'll rub your nose in the images of the rotting flesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1