My remote cabin photos

27 minutes ago, Redhookbklyn said:

Great job on the roof, looks good.

It started out in 87 with red 90# mineral surface roofing. The plan was to paint the cabin white with red trim. Well over the years I had to replace some of the rolled roofing.....with green and some black. I'm glad it's all one color again. I ended up with the blue exterior due to paint left over from another project. Planning to repaint with a brick red and gray trim.

• Like 2

Man. That looks sharp! good job! Been eyeballing 160ish acres in southern Colorado, and a cabin like this would be perfect for a getaway until I'm ready to build Kenville. At worst, I'd have to worry about nosey pronghorns- not the big rude critters you need to protect your cabin against.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Man. That looks sharp! good job! Been eyeballing 160ish acres in southern Colorado, and a cabin like this would be perfect for a getaway until I'm ready to build Kenville. At worst, I'd have to worry about nosey pronghorns- not the big rude critters you need to protect your cabin against.

I had an invasion of brown bears inside it shortly after I built it. They trashed it.

• Sad 1

My son, grandson, and step grandson came over today and we slapped the same gray metal on my 12x16 sauna building here at the compound. I'll take some pics later. Kind of hard to see through the fruit trees. Between me, the grandson who is building a house up the road from me, and my son who has a remote cabin near mine, there is no shortage of projects. At least we are making progress. I'm pretty content being single right now. No partner to bring the corona back to me, and I'm not concentrating on putting out someone else's fires, fixing their cars, and their home projects.