Good day on the salt water

46 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Dang!! I want halibut that size!! What guide service did you go out with?

Josh Brooks on The Huntress. Brooks Alaska Adventures. He'll put you on the fish. He used to be a commercial fisherman before he started guiding. There have been very few boats going out because of all that's going on, and yet he is busy pretty much every day. The locals keep him busy. I think he is part fish. He is the one we have been doing our winter/feeder King trips with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was the first one down while the engines were still idling cooling off the turbos, and missed a big hit. I let the line back down and only a minute or so after he shut them down, it was back. I nailed it that time. 65 feet of water. It was peeling line. Got it to the surface and it was a 'shooter'. 100 pounder on the boat. Nice way to start the day. We ended up with 2 more shooters. Threw back a bunch. Caught 40 plus Rock fish. Black Sea Bass. Who wants a fish taco? ME.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Josh Brooks on The Huntress. Brooks Alaska Adventures. He'll put you on the fish. He used to be a commercial fisherman before he started guiding. There have been very few boats going out because of all that's going on, and yet he is busy pretty much every day. The locals keep him busy. I think he is part fish. He is the one we have been doing our winter/feeder King trips with.

You made his FB page!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Living the dream up here in God's Country

YES you ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God love ya!!! 

One hell of a Catch there my man!!!  Looks like food for the YEAR!!  Or, alot of money if ya sell it.  Great Picts!!  Thanks!!!

• Like 1