GENIUS: Protestors on bridge. NYPD barricades both ends

PPQer

This needed it's own thread.  Protestors were headed to Manhattan.  When they got on the bridge, police barricaded both ends.  They were stuck on the bridge, but not looting.  

Notice the "peaceful protestors" leftist slant.  They were peaceful because there isn't anything to loot on a bridge.

https://www.pix11.com/news/america-in-crisis/peaceful-protesters-stranded-on-manhattan-bridge-with-nypd-blockades-on-either-side

Peaceful protesters stranded on Manhattan Bridge with NYPD blockades on either side

NEW YORK CITY — A march turned into a standoff between peaceful protesters and police at the Manhattan Bridge between Brooklyn and Manhattan Tuesday night.

The crowd of demonstrators peacefully marching from Brooklyn to Manhattan, taking to the Manhattan Bridge after the city's 8 p.m. curfew, were stopped from entering the island by police barricading the bridge at its exit, according to reports.

According to social media reports, protesters became "stuck" on the bridge, with blockades on both sides.

As the night went on, video from AIR11 the large group of peaceful protesters begin to cross the bridge back toward Brooklyn.

Video showed many protesters exiting the bridge in Brooklyn at around 11 p.m.

https://www.rt.com/usa/490589-manhattan-bridge-curfew-protesters-standoff/

Crowd chants ‘De Blasio, resign’ after police block 100s of protesters on both sides of Manhattan bridge for HOURS

5ed71f2885f5403bd469038c.JPG

Hundreds of protesters have found themselves corralled on the Manhattan bridge after police refused to let them leave from either side, prompting some to demand the New York mayor’s immediate resignation.
A sea of people filled the bridge connecting Brooklyn to Manhattan on Tuesday evening, long after the 8pm curfew imposed by Mayor Bill de Blasio came into effect. Peaceful protests against police brutality in the city have been tainted by widespread looting and unruly rioters, prompting a massive police presence.

It’s unclear why the NYPD decided to cordon off the bridge in the first place, with videos shared online showing protesters chanting: “I don’t see no riot here, why are you wearing riot gear?”

Chants of “de Blasio, resign” could also be heard in the crowd. Meanwhile, witnesses report that police have sent in paddy wagons as if poised to round up curfew violators in a mass arrest.

As the standoff continued for more than an hour, de Blasio added fuel to the fire by taking to Twitter to praise his decision to introduce the curfew, seemingly oblivious to the tense situation on the bridge.

“At Barclays Center now. Very calm situation. So far, the curfew is certainly helping, based on everything I’ve seen in Brooklyn and Manhattan over the last three hours,” he said in a tweet, igniting ire from netizens. 

Many pointed to the “thousands” of New Yorkers still trapped on the bridge, mirroring the protesters’ calls for the mayor’s resignation.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

AOC was headed there.  I guess when NYPD found out, they let them off.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/06/03/aoc-was-headed-to-manhattan-bridge-to-handle-dangerous-situation-about-trapped-protesters-but-then-thousands-of-retweets-later/

AOC was headed to Manhattan Bridge to handle ‘dangerous’ situation about trapped protesters (but then, thousands of retweets later…)

Another night brought with it more protests in New York City (and elsewhere). But one particular report caught the attention of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:

• Haha 1

I can't wait until they get here.  Albeit, it may be a while but I've heard that Antifa is supposed to be in Moses Lake this Sunday.  Nothing but (armed) hay farmers and right wing extremists here.  Lol!  We'll see.

A warning sign, NEGHBORHOOD WATCH YOU LOOT WE ALL SHOOT. This sign ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Look at this idiot.  So now they are redefining violence.  If Biden wins, AG Kamala Harris will be prosecuting us for not rioting.

I don't know anyone who wasn't shocked by that incident, and doesn't want that officer prosecuted.  I almost feel sorry for the officer.  The whole world has turned on him

protest-george-floyd-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

All dressed up, and no where to loot.

Searching for pictures, I saw where the NYT stated that the NYPD prevented a "peaceful protest".  The only reason it was peaceful is that there isn't anything on a bridge to loot.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PPQer said:

Searching for pictures, I saw where the NYT stated that the NYPD prevented a "peaceful protest".  The only reason it was peaceful is that there isn't anything on a bridge to loot.

It's very difficult to "loot" a bridge.  It's far easier to "sell" it to a Midwesterner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3