Minneapolis "protest"

PPQer

Surprised there isn't a thread.  

We knew where this would go, so it's no big surprise.  After I saw a clip of the Mayor, it reminded me of Baltimore Mayor Rawling-Blake saying they pulled back to give the rioters room to burn.  Mayor Frey sacrificed a police precinct .  Now I fully support the efforts on BLM to demonstrate their angst in the best way they know how.

It was even better to see the "leaders" telling the idiot white kids that it wasn't their place, and I guess asked them to go home.  They should turn on them and beat them down.

I wish the president would shut up and let liberal snowflake show the citizens how democrats run cities.  Baltimore alienated the Police and had record crime rates after everything settled down.  The Twin Cities should be the same.

ETA:  The evidence to prosecute the officer was in the precinct building that was burned.  Too bad.

Mayor Frey is in way over his head.

800MinneapolisMayorFrey.jpg

Edited by PPQer

40 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

When you start looting, you have no argument.

you're just a mob.

I haven’t seen the signs on businesses declaring “black owned” like in LA during the Rodney King riots.

THIS.  Once the looting and burning starts, you aren't protesting anything, you are just rioting.  You have the right to peaceful protest.  You do NOT have a right to riot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right. These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PPQer said:

We knew where this would go, so it's no big surprise.  After I saw a clip of the Mayor, it reminded me of Baltimore Mayor Rawling-Blake saying they pulled back to give the rioters room to burn.  Mayor Frey sacrificed a police precinct .  Now I fully support the efforts on BLM to demonstrate their angst in the best way they know how.

It was even better to see the "leaders" telling the idiot white kids that it wasn't their place, and I guess asked them to go home.  They should turn on them and beat them down.

I wish the president would shut up and let liberal snowflake show the citizens how democrats run cities.  Baltimore alienated the Police and had record crime rates after everything settled down.  The Twin Cities should be the same.

ETA:  The evidence to prosecute the officer was in the precinct building that was burned.  Too bad.

This happens with some frequency in this state, meaning in the Twin Cities.  Never outstate.

When  it's Summer and nice weather.  Groups start to form from some perceived provocation.  Then as night approaches, they resort to anonymity of numbers and destroy private and public property.

Every time this occurs it is proceeded by calls for "justice", while mass looting and burning of infrastructure.  This isn't a call for justice.  It has always been anarchy nothing more. 

It is the lure of free stuff, free flat screen TV's and consumer goods.  It's much like shoplifting in that most shoplifters can afford the items they steal, but the thrill of the experience is real reward.  I believe the same reasoning holds true for looting and destruction.   Because they can.

The psychology of large numbers, means that most will be able to loot without fear of apprehension.  Thus no rule of law.  

Then as the violence starts to "burn" itself out, the city will tell those involved that if they go home and mind their manners for a while, the city will pump money into their neighborhoods.

This always is proceeded by out local and state politicians telling us that the people that didn't burn, loot, and destroy, are the real culprits here, and the blame for all this is on them, not the perpetrators.  They have driven these people into anarchy, not the people themselves.

I have lived here all my long life and this same scenario has been replayed numerous times.

These events always ends the same way, with the city saying that money into the neighborhood will be the solution to stop the problem. 

This is anarchy followed by extortion.  It has nothing to do with right or wrong.  Perceptions of inequality are the excuse that makes all the criminals in these situations blameless in our liberal society.

Nothing has been done over many decades to actually address the problem since the perpetrators have no interest in changing.  Or they would.

Our ignorant politicians have no idea how to stop this crap from occurring, and no real interest in doing so, since they perceive these same people as their Twin Cities voter base (as recognized by another politician recently). 

Therefore it's not in the interest of the local politicians or the governor to antagonize their base.  But these same politicians know that the liberals of this state will accept the blame for damn near anything since White Guilt is prevalent here.

There is a reason that with Minnesota as the most liberal state in the union, this occurs again and again.  No effort is really expended to solve this problem since it would offend some of those responsible. 

So it will happen again, and again, and again, with the same results.  The city will buy protection by eventually placating those responsible.  We are much more like Baltimore, politically and socially than we would like to think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Belt-fed weapons.  No more looting.

This is intolerable and should be put down with immediate, overwhelming force.

A protest is a march with signs, and speeches enumerating grievances.  It is healthy for democratic, civilized society.

Looting and rioting are a cancer on democratic, civilized society.  Cut it out, immediately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

A protest is a march with signs, and speeches enumerating grievances.  It is healthy for democratic, civilized society.

Looting and rioting are a cancer on democratic, civilized society.  Cut it out, immediately.

A little extreme, but I agree with the intent.

2 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

Hasn’t been that long, in geological terms, since police departments were issued Gatling Guns for crowd control. 

The irony is, these folks would do great harm to anyone in a uniform if they got a chance.  But let any of us "take the law into our own hands" to end the riots, or even protect our property, those cops would be eager to arrest every one of us. and charge us with the most severe charges.

The BLM idiots don't have sense enough to realize that the thin blue line actually protects them in a situation like this.  Imagine if some non democrats decided to take out the leaders when the trouble first starts.  The cops would be on them like stink on ****.  With that in mind, nobody takes out the leaders.

• Like 1

This is interesting if accurate.

"George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

According to the filing, officers confronted Mr. Floyd after receiving a 911 call saying that he had paid for merchandise at Cup Foods with a phony $20 bill. They found him nearby in his vehicle with an adult male and female.

Mr. Floyd, who was six feet tall and weighed over 200 pounds, was handcuffed and led to the squad car, but resisted getting inside, saying he was claustrophobic.  He was in his own car but claustrophobic about getting in the police car.

While standing, he said repeatedly he couldn’t breathe. Mr. Floyd struggled as officers tried to force him into the car and fell to the ground. Two officers held him down while Officer Chauvin pressed his knee on the suspect’s neck."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/29/george-floyd-died-police-restraint-combined-health/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

This happens with some frequency in this state, meaning in the Twin Cities.  Never outstate.

When  it's Summer and nice weather.  Groups start to form from some perceived provocation.  Then as night approaches, they resort to anonymity of numbers and destroy private and public property.

Every time this occurs it is proceeded by calls for "justice", while mass looting and burning of infrastructure.  This isn't a call for justice.  It has always been anarchy nothing more. 

It is the lure of free stuff, free flat screen TV's and consumer goods.  It's much like shoplifting in that most shoplifters can afford the items they steal, but the thrill of the experience is real reward.  I believe the same reasoning holds true for looting and destruction.   Because they can.

The psychology of large numbers, means that most will be able to loot without fear of apprehension.  Thus no rule of law.  

Then as the violence starts to "burn" itself out, the city will tell those involved that if they go home and mind their manners for a while, the city will pump money into their neighborhoods.

This always is proceeded by out local and state politicians telling us that the people that didn't burn, loot, and destroy, are the real culprits here, and the blame for all this is on them, not the perpetrators.  They have driven these people into anarchy, not the people themselves.

I have lived here all my long life and this same scenario has been replayed numerous times.

These events always ends the same way, with the city saying that money into the neighborhood will be the solution to stop the problem. 

This is anarchy followed by extortion.  It has nothing to do with right or wrong.  Perceptions of inequality are the excuse that makes all the criminals in these situations blameless in our liberal society.

Nothing has been done over many decades to actually address the problem since the perpetrators have no interest in changing.  Or they would.

Our ignorant politicians have no idea how to stop this crap from occurring, and no real interest in doing so, since they perceive these same people as their Twin Cities voter base (as recognized by another politician recently). 

Therefore it's not in the interest of the local politicians or the governor to antagonize their base.  But these same politicians know that the liberals of this state will accept the blame for damn near anything since White Guilt is prevalent here.

There is a reason that with Minnesota as the most liberal state in the union, this occurs again and again.  No effort is really expended to solve this problem since it would offend some of those responsible. 

So it will happen again, and again, and again, with the same results.  The city will buy protection by eventually placating those responsible.  We are much more like Baltimore, politically and socially than we would like to think.

Not only does he need a shave and a haircut, he needs a punch in the nose. tom. :mad:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PPQer said:

Imagine if after every hate crime in De Blasio's City, the Jewish population went around looting and shooting?  Then spread the riot to other cities, would there be as much tolerance?  Or, maybe the Asian people having the hell beat out of them in Compton doing the same thing?  Would there be as much tolerance for this behavior as there is now?  That being said, kneeling on someone's neck is stupid.  When they want to be combative, the best thing is faux trip and land your knee with your weight and gear in their happy sack.  Takes the fight right out of them, and they don't die, but get to barf on themselves, and forget about those pesky handcuffs.  When you deal with fighters back in the day, you got creative, not to leave lasting damage; but, do things take the air right out of the solar plexus.  Soft tissue damage tells no tales.  Now, breaking someone's neck, a little hard to get around, unless they are actively trying to kill you.

• Like 1

I am honestly surprised that when rioters recently blocked off a major interstate, the average citizen, who didn't want a multi car pile up, or be attacked by menacing protesters didn't open fire to open traffic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I am also surprised that some moron didn’t open fire to allow the traffic flow

I am just happy that an member of the Army smashed one to death with his truck.  Kudos for him.

• Like 1

• Eric locked this topic