The CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate. Where is the media?

pipedreams

"The CDC just came out with a report that should be earth-shattering to the narrative of the political class, yet it will go into the thick pile of vital data and information about the virus that is not getting out to the public. For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%. Officials estimate a 0.4% fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35% rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26% — almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago."

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-the-cdc-confirms-remarkably-low-coronavirus-death-rate-where-is-the-media?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200526Trending-HorowitzCDC&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-new-antibody-study-strong-evidence-lockdown-strategy-wrong-course/

"We destroyed our entire country and suspended democracy all for a lie, and these people perpetrated the unscientific degree of panic. Will they ever admit the grave consequences of their error?"

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's somewhat the new normal.  Every president is scared that a terror attack or worse will happen on their watch because they know it will be used against them, and they'll do anything to prevent it.  Patriot Act and all.

When all this first started, it being an election year, Trump had to do what the "experts" suggested.  Imagine if he didn't and their was a serious body count.  But he is as much to blame as anyone for wilting like an orchid.   

Trump should have read up on Fauci, then sought opinions from the private sector.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PPQer said:

It's somewhat the new normal.  Every president is scared that a terror attack or worse will happen on their watch because they know it will be used against them, and they'll do anything to prevent it.  Patriot Act and all.

When all this first started, it being an election year, Trump had to do what the "experts" suggested.  Imagine if he didn't and their was a serious body count.  But he is as much to blame as anyone for wilting like an orchid.   

Trump should have read up on Fauci, then sought opinions from the private sector.  

Problem for leaders, is that there are very few people in those circles that will, first, go against a prevailing thought, and second, take a chance on giving good advice and risk losing your place in the clique at the top. 

So the only advice he gets will be the consensus, and I believe in this instance, those so called experts chose the worst of all scenarios that meant many deaths, for fear of being wrong if they simply preached caution over panic. 

Best to go all the way down the rabbit hole instead of just looking in.  Everyone wanted to be the one that gave the bad news before the other guy got the credit, so it escalated into full blown panic based on testing the sick and then recording the deaths which promised a dire state for everyone,  rather than collect valid data over a large population. 

Now that that actual data is being collected at this late date, we are finding out that this is not the lethal threat we were told originally, but simply one of concern.  The elderly are always susceptible to prevailing illnesses and contagions.  This is regrettable, but nothing new.  (said by one of the elderly)

Now everybody that chose panic will say that the decision to lock down the country wasn't theirs but the leaders, so they feel squeaky clean in spite of the BS they spread.. 

We are now starting to see what ineffectual leaders politicians really are when you need honesty and integrity to be paramount.

• Like 3

The late Jerry Pournelle suggested that 10% to 20% of government money offered as grants to study something - climate change, China Flu, whatever - be awarded to those whose goal is to challenge and if possible disprove the “scientific consensus”.  A minority opinion can be worthwhile. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

The late Jerry Pournelle suggested that 10% to 20% of government money offered as grants to study something - climate change, China Flu, whatever - be awarded to those whose goal is to challenge and if possible disprove the “scientific consensus”.  A minority opinion can be worthwhile. 

True science isn't science until it can stand up to the rigors of dissent.  We have gotten to the point now that we don't have science, we have social opinions and social causes, picked and chosen by liberals to fit their perception of what they think is wrong with society, and who to get rid of to cleanse it to only their beliefs.

We are not proving scientific principles and theories when the defense is simply the emotional over reaction of those who believe the lie with all their might, and not a whit of substance or proof. 

Ignorance is the single most threat to our society and in recent times we have bred ignorance as a primary commendable result of schooling.  To believe what you are told without question is certain failure of our society. 

We are being told that information is too difficult for our students, so we have to dumb down the source of our training to fit the ignorant, rather that pushing students to think for themselves and learn to drive to a solution.  Instead of the present approach which is relinquishing their efforts to someone who believes the results should be what they want, not what they actually are.

Our society is being modeled to something which parallels an abstract dream without proof.  An emotional construct to subscribe to what the liberal mindset want to be true, not what is true.  We are losing the ability to take information and data objectively, instead we only take the results that we can use to verify our original  misconceptions.

Our people have life so good that they feel guilty about it, and want to practice self flagellation for all the things they have that are not common to all around the world.  Hard physical and mental work brings our lifestyle, not simply giving things to others. 

Liberals are so obsessed with curing all the worlds ills that they are willing to turn America into a third world country, as penance for their luck of having been born here.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

We should have a pool on the final mortality figure.  I'm betting .12% by the end of the summer... along about the time the finger pointing starts between the politicians on who is responsible for completely gutting the economy.

I agree, but!!!!!!  If you point out the low mortality figure politicians will quickly claim that it is a direct result of their draconian policies of suspending the Constitution.

When you deal with professional liars they will never subscribe to the truth, they will bend it and twist it to claim they were right all along.

My suspicions are that history will record the Corona Virus as one of the most monumental examples of stupidity in our governing bodies, while demonstrating just how easy it is to turn a Republic into a state of tyranny. 

In many cases/states, just one individual was able to claim "public safety" and negate all the Constitutional guarantees provided to our citizens.  No one questioned and no one contested this violation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, janice6 said:

I agree, but!!!!!!  If you point out the low mortality figure politicians will quickly claim that it is a direct result of their draconian policies of suspending the Constitution.

When you deal with professional liars they will never subscribe to the truth, they will bend it and twist it to claim they were right all along.

My suspicions are that history will record the Corona Virus as one of the most monumental examples of stupidity in our governing bodies, while demonstrating just how easy it is to turn a Republic into a state of tyranny. 

In many cases/states, just one individual was able to claim "public safety" and negate all the Constitutional guarantees provided to our citizens.  No one questioned and no one contested this violation.

The sad part is that the mortality rate of any disease is completely unaffected by any social distancing policy.  The figure is simply the percentage of people who die out of the number of people who get the disease.  If the mortality rate is .1%, then 1 person out of every 1000 who get the disease will die.  It doesn't matter whether only 1000 people get the disease, or 1,000,000.  That will not change the mortality rate.   .1% of the total will croak.   1/1000 and 1000/1,000,000 both equal .1%.  The politicians will try to crow that their social distancing policies resulted in fewer people getting the disease... but that didn't/isn't going to happen, either, due to how contagious it is, and the number of asymptomatic carriers.  Eventually the entire population will be exposed.  The sole difference is the time frame in which that happens.  The only thing their initial social distancing requirements MIGHT have achieved is "flattening the curve" so the hospitals weren't overwhelmed in the first few weeks... the problem with that idea is there is no significant difference between areas with draconian social distancing by tyrannical leaders, and social distancing by common sense, which demonstrates that any "benefit" of politicians' policies is far outweighed by the harm it has done (in terms of lives lost to suicide, postponed medical care for other conditions, etc).  

You are right about history... as long as it is written by people with common sense, or those so far removed in time from the events that they can report it without backlash - I'm thinking about how long it took for people to report that the Smoot-Hawley Act and FDR's gov't "largesse" made the Depression last a whole lot longer than it would have without those interventions... and how even today FDR is practically deified by certain people/groups.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see how quickly citizens were willing to give up their rights without a fight as long as someone said it was "in the public interest."  This is precisely what happens when history is no longer taught accurately in schools, because studying Hitler and Stalin and how they did what they did is "too emotionally harmful" for teenagers today.  So they get some dates, names, and "Hitler was bad 'cause he murdererd millions of people, and we aren't going to talk about Stalin."  High school students need to study WHY and HOW, or history is meaningless, and will be repeated.

Slightly off the topic, I'm really tired of all the "How to deal with fear and depression caused by Covid-1984/Wuhan flu,"  articles.  The drama queens don't know what fear is.  If they cannot handle the slight discomfort of considering what MIGHT happen to them (so that they can prepare for it), they will be completely, utterly useless when faced with something that is actually happening (Can you imagine the sheer panic and/or complete denial of reality of that crowd when faced with oh, a bear trying to get into their living room, or a person in a uniform telling them to get on the train?).   Grow the eff up, people, and stop over-dramatizing your safer-than-any-previous-generation-in-history's lives.  I need another cup of tea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

The sad part is that the mortality rate of any disease is completely unaffected by any social distancing policy.  The figure is simply the percentage of people who die out of the number of people who get the disease.  If the mortality rate is .1%, then 1 person out of every 1000 who get the disease will die.  It doesn't matter whether only 1000 people get the disease, or 1,000,000.  That will not change the mortality rate.   .1% of the total will croak.   1/1000 and 1000/1,000,000 both equal .1%.  The politicians will try to crow that their social distancing policies resulted in fewer people getting the disease... but that didn't/isn't going to happen, either, due to how contagious it is, and the number of asymptomatic carriers.  Eventually the entire population will be exposed.  The sole difference is the time frame in which that happens.  The only thing their initial social distancing requirements MIGHT have achieved is "flattening the curve" so the hospitals weren't overwhelmed in the first few weeks... the problem with that idea is there is no significant difference between areas with draconian social distancing by tyrannical leaders, and social distancing by common sense, which demonstrates that any "benefit" of politicians' policies is far outweighed by the harm it has done (in terms of lives lost to suicide, postponed medical care for other conditions, etc).  

You are right about history... as long as it is written by people with common sense, or those so far removed in time from the events that they can report it without backlash - I'm thinking about how long it took for people to report that the Smoot-Hawley Act and FDR's gov't "largesse" made the Depression last a whole lot longer than it would have without those interventions... and how even today FDR is practically deified by certain people/groups.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see how quickly citizens were willing to give up their rights without a fight as long as someone said it was "in the public interest."  This is precisely what happens when history is no longer taught accurately in schools, because studying Hitler and Stalin and how they did what they did is "too emotionally harmful" for teenagers today.  So they get some dates, names, and "Hitler was bad 'cause he murdererd millions of people, and we aren't going to talk about Stalin."  High school students need to study WHY and HOW, or history is meaningless, and will be repeated.

Slightly off the topic, I'm really tired of all the "How to deal with fear and depression caused by Covid-1984/Wuhan flu,"  articles.  The drama queens don't know what fear is.  If they cannot handle the slight discomfort of considering what MIGHT happen to them (so that they can prepare for it), they will be completely, utterly useless when faced with something that is actually happening (Can you imagine the sheer panic and/or complete denial of reality of that crowd when faced with oh, a bear trying to get into their living room, or a person in a uniform telling them to get on the train?).   Grow the eff up, people, and stop over-dramatizing your safer-than-any-previous-generation-in-history's lives.  I need another cup of tea.

:goodpost:

The CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate. Where is the media?

They are still spreading the fear and feeding the agenda.

1455 O'clock and have been watching TV since a little after 1400, on the 4th commercial about social distancing, doing your part, and keeping everyone safe. All on the same channel.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 2

You mean the 100k deaths and climbing in the United States due to the habitually stupid?

Holiday weekend images show plenty of people flocked to beaches ...

Some Americans take a holiday from social distancing and officials ...

We are Dumb
Give me a second I
I need to get my story straight
My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State
My lover she's waiting for me just across the bar
My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking about a scar, and
I know I gave corona virus to you months ago
I know you're trying to forget
But between the drinks and subtle things
The holes in my apologies, you know
I'm trying hard to take it back
So if by the time the bar closes
And you feel like falling down I'll carry you to a ventilator
Tonight, we are dumb
So let's set the world on fire, infect everyone
We can burn brighter than the sun
Tonight, we are dumb
So let's set the world on fire
We can catch corona virus and burn brighter than the sun
Now I know that I'm not
All that you got, I guess that I, I just thought
Maybe we could find new ways to infect everyone.