What's your favorite wheelie?

gwalchmai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Posting to tag this thread because I don't know off hand but may think of something later. I have five S&Ws, three Rugers and two Colts. Technically I could do without a revolver, sorta like I could do without a P7 or P239 but that ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

My mdl 19 that I was allowed to buy when my department transitioned to auto loaders. I don't have any pictures of it, never thought much about taking any. Mine's not pretty, lots of door dings and holster wear. The beauty is all in side the soul of the old warrior. 

s45

• Thanks 1

After the military I joined a private pistol club and learnt pistolcraft with a club owned rimfire Colt OMM and that had started the love affair with wheelies. The first gun I bought was a used S&W 14-2, followed by a pre-owned Colt Python.

During the AWB used revolvers were plentyful and generally overlooked by many buyers. I had a bunch of Glock 21 hi cap mags and traded three that had cost me $60 plus $60 cash for a S&W M65, that has become one of my favourite centerfire revolvers for fast shooting. When it comes to rimfire revolvers, the first Korth I ever bought is still my favourite rimfire revolver since a decade.

M65business.jpg

My first Korth.jpg

• Like 5

Anyway, I only have 1 wheelgun right now, a S&W Model 65-5 in 3 inch.  It's a wonderful gun in the hand and it looks awesome to me.  Just something about those 3 inch S&W's that really hook me.  I've got a couple of DREAM wheelguns too.

Colt Python in 4 inch

S&W Model 27 in 3 inch (not exact length) with the smaller grips

I have been  contemplating trading my 65 towards a 586 L-Comp.  I almost had a deal a month or so ago, but the guy decided he liked it too much.  I can certainly sympathize with that.

GREAT PICS guys.

Larry

• Like 2

S&W model 58 M&P.

I've wanted one of these guns ever since a friend of mine in high school got one in 1965. We shot it with the Remington "Police" loads that were a reduced load with a lead semi-wadcutter. When I got mine I found a box of the original Remington magnum loads and the recoil was not something that could be described as "Snappy" and could only be described as painful.  I created some of my own "Police loads" that drove a 210 grain bullet at 1000 fps and those were as easy to shoot as the originals.  But to be able to shoot warmer loads in it and not have to ruin the originality by replacing the skinny service grips with a set of Hogues, I got a Tyler T-grip adaptor and they helped a lot and I was able to shoot Winchester silvertip ammo no problem and even Hornady custom XTP loads weren't as bad as the original Remington ammo.

I did borrow some Hogues from another N-frame I had and tried them with the Remington ammo and that was tolerable but it PAINS me to see a classic Smith and Wesson with rubber grips and in fact the Hogues came off of my model 28 Highway patrolman which I replaced with genuine S&W target grips which were not original to the gun but more original than the Hogues which allowed me to buy the gun for about $100 dollars less than if it had the original grips.

There's a company called Altamont that makes pretty much original looking reproductions of the "Coke Bottle" target grips for about 80 bucks but I was able to find the N-frame square butt target grips for the Highway patrolman for only 30 bucks. That Highway patrolman is my second favorite revolver and it has a 6 inch barrel and I'd like to get a 4 inch in addition to the 6 inch, either that or a 3 1/2 inch model 27.

41 maga.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 4

On 8/10/2017 at 9:03 PM, Burebista said:

... My favorite shooter / home defense wheel gun: Chiappa Rhino 20DS

599b67cb014a0_uhttp3A2F2Ffarm8.staticflickr.com2F74552F12669572224_490fb987f3_b.jpgampf1.jpg.42839ec65d3f4595a8aaf022a87a798b.jpg

How incredible, this is the same serial number of the Rhino I owned in 2013. It looks like my photo too. 

• Like 2

My favorite revolvers this week are a PPC gun fashioned from a 1948/49 pre model 10. The gun is double action only and has an incredible trigger action. It's a pure joy to shoot. Normally I wouldn't have an interest in an unfamiliar purpose built competition gun, but the gun shop owner brought it down to the range I was shooting and said give it a try. Wow, after one shot I was impressed and made an offer. 

25437492120_8f0b042c24_b.jpg

25727450281_52ed9e181e_b.jpg

The S&W 327 TRR8 is a contemporary twist on a traditional revolver. The eight shot has a tensioned barrel within the shroud. The double action is very good and single action is sweet. The included rail sections can be installed for a optic and under barrel for accessories.

31829366761_937f541d79_b.jpg

29730329456_4565931647_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite is my Smith 686 6” no-dash no-M. It’s identical to the borrowed one that I won my first Pin Mach (novice class) with, down to the Patridge front sign instead of the red ramp. Even better, this one not only has the box and paperwork, but it has the warranty card filled out with the original owners information (bought 4/20/1983 from Kop Shop in Muncie, IN).

8dyceRSh.jpgSKvCXkSh.jpgwcPVwtfh.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...