What's your favorite wheelie?

gwalchmai

OK... Will try this yet again.

I own several, but my favorite is a S&W Model 625 Mountain Gun in .45 Colt.

It really likes Missouri Bullets 255 grain LSWC (.453) backed by 8.6 grains of either Universal or Unique in a Starline case and a Federal primer.

I know, the photo sucks, but I can't get the lighting quite right.

• Like 1

OK... Will try this yet again.

I own several, but my favorite is a S&W Model 625 Mountain Gun in .45 Colt.

It really likes Missouri Bullets 255 grain LSWC (.453) backed by 8.6 grains of either Universal or Unique in a Starline case and a Federal primer.

I know, the photo sucks, but I can't get the lighting quite right.

I bought one of these and within a week someone posted an identical 629 MG. So I bought it, too. I call 'em Lois and Lana. :supergrin:

• Like 2

I bought one of these and within a week someone posted an identical 629 MG. So I bought it, too. I call 'em Lois and Lana. :supergrin:

The 629 is in .44 Remington Magnum, right? How do you like them? I assume you like them very well, since you own two, although in different calibers.

I bought my 625 ten to twelve years ago from a friend for $425. A friend indeed! I can't imagine what these are worth now.

I would â¤ï¸ to own a Model 629, but at this point in time doubt that I would have enough disposable income to afford one.

BTW. Did you or anyone else notice that I had a green, fiber optic front sight installed on my M625? Makes all the difference in the world in low-light conditions.

Edited by OV1kenobi

The 629 is in .44 Remington Magnum, right? How do you like them? I assume you like them very well, since you own two, although in different calibers.

I bought my 625 ten to twelve years ago from a friend for $425. A friend indeed! I can't imagine what these are worth now.

You're right - I like 'em a lot. :supergrin:

i reload for both so I can essentially match the loads in both guns. Mostly I punch paper and I like a 265gr SWC over 5.5gr of Solo1000 in the .45 for that. It's a bunny. I do similar things for the .44 (240gr SWC running 750fps is sweet).

You did well on that price. Mine were about $525 each around the same time.

I've owned a bunch of Round Guns over the years, at this stage I only own four. A 72' Vintage Model 10-6 & a 79' Vintage Model 64-3, both 4" and the a pair of Ruger LCR's in 9mm. The LCR's are like American Express, " I don't leave home without at least one ", the S&W's are mostly just Range Guns except the 10-6 lives next to my Recliner & the 64-3 on my Night Stand ....

• Like 1

My favorite Revolver right now would hafta' be a Five-inch Half-Lug Smith & Wesson Model 686 Plus--One of the "Stocking Dealer Specials" from several years back--It has a KILLER Action Job by Randy Lee and is my "Go-To Gun" for Steel Challenge-type Matches right now... :)

• Like 1

I have some J frames from S&W, but I prefer shooting my Rhino's much more. I have a 2" and a 4" that make shooting fullhouse magnums as easy as a .32 caliber pistol.

I CCW'd the 4" for over a year, until the fervor of the urban crowd participation events prompted me to move to 13 rounds of G41.

• Like 1

The one that I carry most often is the little Ruger LCR in .38 +P. It is virtually weightless on my ankle, as a backup. Plus, the cylinder is reminiscent of the Pepperbox.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"thumb1.jpg","data-attachmentid":7628}[/ATTACH]

thumb1.jpg.8eae40eef0b76bfc78cee3a7e9d12b6a.jpg

• Like 2

About thirty five years ago S&W built some trial guns forrr the NYPD in .357 magnum.  They were a 4" taper barrel, identical to the mod 10.  That's my favorite wheel gun.  I'm not sure where the colt came from.

sandw.thumb.jpg.ebde63f2ac815fe9d87924053fb24365.jpg

smith.jpg

Edited by crossmember
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I've always been a fan of the Single-Action Army style of single-action wheel guns. One that I have always wanted, but haven't gotten around to buying, is the Freedom Arms .454 Cassull. This is a beautifully built firearm and that caliber will certainly cure what ails you. The .454 Cassull has been eclipsed by several far more powerful pistol calibers, but it is still an outstanding round the Freedom Arms is my favorite platform to launch them.

wm_4326945.thumb.jpg.5f5da6b017e8ea3d4afccd15998d2a8e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1