CVS Pill Packs

Rellik

Fort multiple daily maintenance drugs it would be good if they sent out for ex. 4 packs for each day with GIANT lettering when each pack should be taken.  I know I have some that I need to take mid day.  problem is I get busy outside and don't remember.  By the time I do I am generally too hot , dirty and sweaty to go in and get them.   If they were in waterproof packs I could just put them in my pocket. If I forgot at the correct time I still have them with me and can stop and take while still working.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be a fan of those, personally. 

My Dad use to take A LOT of pills daily.  I got 3 those weekly pill boxes with the day on each box and fill them for him weekly. 

My Dad was like Dric's  mom, took meds more than just once a day, so I had 3 of those Weekly pill boxes.   

Just renamed all 3 boxes of 7 days....Morning, Noon and Evening.  The day of the week didn't really matter, just the time of day.   I didn't mind at all filling up the boxes for him.   It might be different for you.  My Dad was close by and I saw him at least 3-4 days a week.  Daily if necessary.  Also, I really wouldn't have wanted to add a completely new routine for my Dad, who at 83, didn't really need that.  Good Luck.

Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 2

Mom Takes all her pills at once in the morning, when she remembers.  I try to see her every day, where she lies to me about taking them.  But the weekly M-F distro boxes are not always opened and emptied for that day.  She is getting forgetfull.  

The packs are for MY ease and convenience.  90 day supply, In the mail.   Yes I fill her 2 M-F daily take pill boxes.  

I am interested in the service.  Its up to me to get them ingested.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rellik said:

Mom Takes all her pills at once in the morning, when she remembers.  I try to see her every day, where she lies to me about taking them.  But the weekly M-F distro boxes are not always opened and emptied for that day.  She is getting forgetfull.  

The packs are for MY ease and convenience.  90 day supply, In the mail.   Yes I fill her 2 M-F daily take pill boxes.  

I am interested in the service.  Its up to me to get them ingested.  

Sounds like for You, it might be a good idea to make life a bit easier on you.

I really don't think they are actually lying, forgetting and embarrassed they are forgetting probably.  My Dad was like that.  

• Like 2

Some days its like a 4yo.  

"Come take your pills"    I did take them this morning!  Well the day section is still full.  Or she sets them on her place mat, and the forgets to take them w/ break fast.  I look at them, and pointing at them on the mat.   Etc

Doesn't know what day it is even though I keep a radio set clock with day/date right on the table.   

Asking me the same q every minute is tiresome.  She functions in her long established routines, and does not require constant supervision.  

God is helping me  with my patience, and I keep telling my self, its not her fault.  I am able to let the water roll off this ducks back better and better.  

"CareBlazers" on youtube is video encouragement for care givers.  She's not ready for a place yet, but its coming.  

Currently I'm not running at norm capacity, and that slows me down.  

Edited by Rellik

19 minutes ago, Rellik said:

Some days its like a 4yo.  

"Come take your pills"    I did take them this morning!  Well the day section is still full.  Or she sets them on her place mat, and the forgets to take them w/ break fast.  I look at them, and pointing at them on the mat.   Etc

Doesn't know what day it is even though I keep a radio set clock with day/date right on the table.   

Asking me the same q every minute is tiresome.  She functions in her long established routines, and does not require constant supervision.  

God is helping me  with my patience, and I keep telling my self, its not her fault.  I am able to let the water roll off this ducks back better and better.  

"CareBlazers" on youtube is video encouragement for care givers.  She's not ready for a place yet, but its coming.  

Currently I'm not running at norm capacity, and that slows me down.  

Great observation! Live long enough and the beginning and end are similar. We're wearing a diaper and dependent on others. Please don't take it as derogatory, just my observation.

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1

After helping 4 parents through the end of their lives we have realized that it's "the circle of life".  

You come into the world and your parents do everything for you.  Feed you, burp you, clean you up and wipe your butt.   If they are wise enough to raise you right you will recognize that as they get old its your turn to repay.   Hopefully with the same love and affection.

You can only hope you raise your kids well enough that they see it and will be there to take care of you when the time comes.

naa i wouldnt chance it to much to go wrong ,  for 3 years when my mom went down hill she had meds she took everyday and others every other day.  id bring her medicine down and hang out , because sometimes when i brought new cup of pills down the others ones would be sitting there.  

and as her mind was wandering those last 2 years i had  to monitor real close.  

there is nothing in this world you can buy that will take the place of a love one  taking care of meds  for another love one .  

and she had a cat and always thought bout dropping pills and cat getting it .    didnt take long for me to decide to make my mom safe was to do it myself 

and was my duty and i loved to  because she took care of us  and when they get old its our time to look after them 

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1