Uncle John passed away

Silentpoet

Uncle John passed away friday afternoon.  He had been down hill for awhile, but this was pretty sudden.  Friday he ate lunch at the nursing home and then laid down for a nap.  When they went to check on him, he had passed.  They called mom about two thirty.  Saturday we went and made arrangements.  He will be cremated and then the urn will be buried next to his wife's grave,  There will be no funeral given the current situation.  He didn't really have much family.  He was the half brother of mom's first husband.  He would have been 89 in october. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Buck that Fuddy. You'll take my friends with you.

I wasn't planning on initiating it.

(I went through an evacuation alarm two weeks ago.  The gai-tronics control room supervisor told me to just stay where I was (an inaccessible place) ( I could run, but I couldn't hide)  Another non-blown-up event.  I could watch it, though.)

14 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

Whenever an old man dies, a library burns.  R.I.P.  Sorry for your loss.

Having lost two "Old Men" in the recent past, I cannot emphasize how true this is. One, my best friend's Grandpa (known my friend for 40 years), was in the 82nd Airborne Division, spent a lot of his later years on the nudist part of Playalinda Beach, and treated me like one of his own grandkids. He had a wealth of stories. The other, he fought in WWII. He was old when I was a kid. But he could play any instrument he picked up, could converse with probably 50% of the world (spoke countless languages), and was a respected patriarch to a large beloved family.  I learned, and could have learned so much more, from these two Men. I count myself fortunate to carry on their memory and mourn their loss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

I wasn't planning on initiating it.

(I went through an evacuation alarm two weeks ago.  The gai-tronics control room supervisor told me to just stay where I was (an inaccessible place) ( I could run, but I couldn't hide)  Another non-blown-up event.  I could watch it, though.)

It's called an 'evacufuckination' and is usually every man for himself.