Alaska at 5:00 am

19 minutes ago, Ramjet38 said:

I love Alaska.  Went to Denali a few years ago and have a trip planned for Katmai Brooks Fall in September.  That is if it will be up and running for visitors.

We are opening up now. Of course things could change. About the only restriction left is the 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

We are opening up now. Of course things could change. About the only restriction left is the 14 day quarantine.

Guess I’ll have to lengthen my stay. How horrible ;)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

Woke up early today. Standing outside in the quiet. Birds chirping all over the place. An abundance of green. The smell of blossoming plants and trees. A cup of fresh ground coffee. Not a bad morning.

Sounds like a mirror image of my morning except that I am significantly further south.

Gott make it to Alaska someday.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Woke up early today. Standing outside in the quiet. Birds chirping all over the place. An abundance of green. The smell of blossoming plants and trees. A cup of fresh ground coffee. Not a bad morning.

I just did that here a bit ago, sun coming up lighting the clouds and a bit of a fresh breeze.  I need to do it everyday but just hate getting up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I know your state doesn't have a population like New York...or Florida.

But the number of Covid cases there is remarkably small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

I just did that here a bit ago, sun coming up lighting the clouds and a bit of a fresh breeze.  I need to do it everyday but just hate getting up.

I'm usually up by 4AM. Best part of the day actually. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Zonny said:

I'm usually up by 4AM. Best part of the day actually. 

Last night I couldn't sleep and got up at 4 AM.  I finally went back to bed at 6 AM and slept till Noon.  I never liked mornings, they come too early in the day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

I know your state doesn't have a population like New York...or Florida.

But the number of Covid cases there is remarkably small.

"Cause the virus has to hike cross country in knee deep snow to get to the next victim.  Most viruses can't survive the trek. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

"Cause the virus has to hike cross country in knee deep snow to get to the next victim.  Most viruses can't survive the trek. 

Most people couldn't do that.

Well...i could..if you told me beer was involved.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ramjet38 said:

I love Alaska.  Went to Denali a few years ago and have a trip planned for Katmai Brooks Fall in September.  That is if it will be up and running for visitors.

I hope with all my heart you get your Brooks Camp trip. The flight in and out is as spectacular as the actual time in the park. You'll get your Be Bear Aware pin. I got mine in 2013. Truly a spectacular park- and that's just the critters. We didn't plan well, and didn't have time for the bus ride to the Land of 10000 Smokes. Next time, for sure.

I'm rather green with envy over this adventure. And super excited for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

I hope with all my heart you get your Brooks Camp trip. The flight in and out is as spectacular as the actual time in the park. You'll get your Be Bear Aware pin. I got mine in 2013. Truly a spectacular park- and that's just the critters. We didn't plan well, and didn't have time for the bus ride to the Land of 10000 Smokes. Next time, for sure.

I'm rather green with envy over this adventure. And super excited for you.

Thanks I hope it turns out.  My wife put it all together and would be super disappointed if we couldn't go.

• Like 1