Another "victory" of USN Female Integrated Warships - CO relieved

Gunboat1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/navy-cruiser-commanding-officer-fired-224855499.html

Another FSCIWP  (Feminist Sacred Cow/Incompetent Warrior Princess (tm) , pronounced Fiskwipp) demonstrates that Affirmative Action assignments do NOT trump competence.  CO of one of the most powerful warships ever commissioned....but not anymore.  

Something funny about her command history, too.  Reactor Officer on a carrier means that she is a nuclear-trained engineering officer.  One Executive Officer tour on an obsolete FFG, a small and far less complex ship.  NO Commander (O-5) command, but she is selected and assigned as CO of an Aegis cruiser (an O-6 Captain command.)  Reeks of Affirmative Action or favoritism.  No ones gets to command a cruiser without having first successfully commanded something smaller.  At least not in the competence-centered Navy which I served in, but which was rapidly dying as I left it.   They must have had their female cruiser CO ratio out of whack for quota purposes.

I weep for the USN.  What a farce.

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

that is a tremendous amount of fuel to spill in a River, at a Dock, in Perfectly calm Weather, by People Trained to refill Ships.....

sounds like they tried putting 25 pounds in a 20 pound sack..

Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has taken 30+ years of congressionally-mandated bolshevik feminism to get to this point.  Given all the other things on his plate, and the total obstructionism manifested by the Dims, I'll give President Trump a pass on this one.  Hopefully a future conservative supermajority will see fit to totally dismantle the culture of affirmative action and political correctness,  and restore intelligent and historically-validated reason to our defense policies.  

Until then, I'll keep illustrating the issue when the inevitable consequences of the current insanity manifest themselves.  Sunlight is the best disinfectant.   Facts are the antidote to PC stupidity. 

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

It has taken 30+ years of congressionally-mandated bolshevik feminism to get to this point.  Given all the other things on his plate, and the total obstructionism manifested by the Dims, I'll give President Trump a pass on this one.  Hopefully a future conservative supermajority will see fit to totally dismantle the culture of affirmative action and political correctness,  and restore intelligent and historically-validated reason to our defense policies. 

You're talking to folks who've just seen Trump badgered into shutting down the country so we don't die of the flu. Chew on that for a few minutes and get back to me about the ballsy things that "conservative supermajority" is going to do.

45 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

You're talking to folks who've just seen Trump badgered into shutting down the country so we don't die of the flu. Chew on that for a few minutes and get back to me about the ballsy things that "conservative supermajority" is going to do.

We're also seeing an awakening of many people,  in both Red and Blue states, regarding the errors and diktats of petty tyrants issuing unconstitutional orders and restrictions.   Open defiance,  armed protests, and public repudiation of these idiots are making the news nationwide.   Police and local politicians are refusing to enforce illegal policies.   People are simply refusing to not go to the BEACH....do you think they will obey gun restrictions and confiscations when ordered?  I don't think so. 

The current situation has resulted in a nascent rebirth of appreciation for freedom and the power of "we, the People" over the petty politicians who work for us.  Long may it continue and grow.

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

I don’t remember his much outrage over the captain of the Roosevelt getting relieved. 

Gender bias perhaps.

I remember a lot more outrage over that - just not on here perhaps.  But I haven't seen this news anywhere else.

12 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

I guess Trump’s making America great again didn’t extend to its military?

Your bias/ignorance is showing.  PC infiltrated the military long before Trump came on the political scene.  It was already becoming a problem when I was in the Navy in the early 80s.  Virtually every flag officer in the military is a politician to some degree and Trump (or any other POTUS) can't come in and fire 80% of the flag officers to get rid of the PC trash. 

11 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

Until then, I'll keep illustrating the issue when the inevitable consequences of the current insanity manifest themselves.  Sunlight is the best disinfectant.   Facts are the antidote to PC stupidity. 

I give him a pass on this on too.  The man is trying to fix decades of stupidity in three years while understaffed (due to Dem obstructionism) and fighting off a barrage of bad press, impeachment, and a politically motivated special counsel investigation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Your bias/ignorance is showing.  PC infiltrated the military long before Trump came on the political scene.  It was already becoming a problem when I was in the Navy in the early 80s.  Virtually every flag officer in the military is a politician to some degree and Trump (or any other POTUS) can't come in and fire 80% of the flag officers to get rid of the PC trash. 

I give him a pass on this on too.  The man is trying to fix decades of stupidity in three years while understaffed (due to Dem obstructionism) and fighting off a barrage of bad press, impeachment, and a politically motivated special counsel investigation.

So...Reagan was responsible?  How about Bush Daddy?  Clinton?  Bush Sonny?  Obama?

which Commander-in-Chief is responsible for the decline of the US Armed Forces?

Perhaps Carter?  Or maybe Ford?  Nixon then?  LBJ?  JFK?

apparently no Commander-in-Chief was or is responsible for Make Military Great Again. 

Edited by Fnfalman

1 hour ago, Gunboat1 said:

We're also seeing an awakening of many people,  in both Red and Blue states, regarding the errors and diktats of petty tyrants issuing unconstitutional orders and restrictions.   Open defiance,  armed protests, and public repudiation of these idiots are making the news nationwide.   Police and local politicians are refusing to enforce illegal policies.   People are simply refusing to not go to the BEACH....do you think they will obey gun restrictions and confiscations when ordered?  I don't think so. 

The current situation has resulted in a nascent rebirth of appreciation for freedom and the power of "we, the People" over the petty politicians who work for us.  Long may it continue and grow.

I hope you're right. After watching the Stupid Party squander its last supermajorities, though, I've learned to be skeptical. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

So...Reagan was responsible?  How about Bush Daddy?  Clinton?  Bush Sonny?  Obama?

apparently no Commander-in-Chief was or is responsible for Make Military Great Again. 

Your point is solid, Fn. A POTUS can only do so much. The decline of the armed forces began in the 60s when the media decided it would "speak truth to power" and stop the war in VietNam. The commies saw this and subverted the media, and the leftist youth, to their cause. Conservatives  didn't help by caving in to Big Money, and eventually we got where we are.

FWIW, the AF was ate up with PC when I was there in the 70s.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Gonna bet that Clinton and Obama get blamed a lot here.  And IMO Clinton does deserve a lot of the blame as the military was in sad shape under his watch.