Is Killing The Economy Worth Killing The Virus?

pipedreams

image.png.5b381af784c99c2f1ddb01a53515e377.png

""We had to destroy the village in order to save it," was a remark attributed to a U.S. Army officer in the Vietnam War. Must we cripple or destroy the economy to rescue the American nation from the coronavirus crisis of 2020?"

https://www.technocracy.news/is-killing-the-economy-worth-killing-the-virus/

https://www.newsmax.com/patrickbuchanan/nonessential-bars-restaurants-paychecks/2020/03/24/id/959642/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.5b381af784c99c2f1ddb01a53515e377.png

""We had to destroy the village in order to save it," was a remark attributed to a U.S. Army officer in the Vietnam War. Must we cripple or destroy the economy to rescue the American nation from the coronavirus crisis of 2020?"

https://www.technocracy.news/is-killing-the-economy-worth-killing-the-virus/

https://www.newsmax.com/patrickbuchanan/nonessential-bars-restaurants-paychecks/2020/03/24/id/959642/

From the article"

"...Surely it is now time for some genuinely tech-savvy analysis to be carried out on the source coding underlying the doom-laden, and for many of us deeply disturbing, predictions about the forthcoming climate catastrophe? Might it turn out to be just as questionable?..."

• Like 3

Churches in my state are openly defying the order to stop   services.  the Governor is expressing his distress that they won't do what they are told, but I don't believe he wants to have this go to the Supreme Court and so he just whines.  I hope someone in this state sues and gets the result that came down for Wisconsin, that it is illegal and unenforceable.

• Like 2

The more I read from non government sources, the more I am convinced that C-19 is being blown way out of proportion.  

I encountered the Director of Respiratory Therapy today who admitted she is scared to death.  She is very pro Trump, but somehow fear pushes rational thought out of the human brain.  She basically sees the same articles I do, but still doesn't see what I do.  She was aware flu deaths and just about everything else is being counted as C-19, but it cannot get passed her fear.

Stanford just announced that Covid 19 is less lethal than the flu.  I guess since flu deaths are being counted at Covid 19, it hides the truth.

As long as they can manipulate people like that, the truth and rational thought don't stand a chance.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PPQer said:

The more I read from non government sources, the more I am convinced that C-19 is being blown way out of proportion.  

I encountered the Director of Respiratory Therapy today who admitted she is scared to death.  She is very pro Trump, but somehow fear pushes rational thought out of the human brain.  She basically sees the same articles I do, but still doesn't see what I do.  She was aware flu deaths and just about everything else is being counted as C-19, but it cannot get passed her fear.

Stanford just announced that Covid 19 is less lethal than the flu.  I guess since flu deaths are being counted at Covid 19, it hides the truth.

As long as they can manipulate people like that, the truth and rational thought don't stand a chance.

:number1:

10 hours ago, Historian said:

Historian I remember her from Emergency! but had no idea that she was known as a singer too. And a damned good one at that. Thanks. ?

As for this Covid crap it is either no where near as contagious as claimed or no where near as dangerous as claimed when caught.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 26isbest said:

As for this Covid crap it is either no where near as contagious as claimed or no where near as dangerous as claimed when caught.

Tell that to my cousin Marco who died at 29 years of age.

Just found out last night.

6 hours ago, Historian said:

Tell that to my cousin Marco who died at 29 years of age.

Just found out last night.

The thing is, anything and everything is being coded as a Covid-19 death.  You really don't know that is what he died of.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PPQer said:

The thing is, anything and everything is being coded as a Covid-19 death.  You really don't know that is what he died of.

Actually.  I do know what he died of.   I made some phone calls.   He is not one of the cases you mentioned.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PPQer said:

http://theboresite.com/forums/topic/13652-washington-health-official-says-state-counted-some-gunshot-victims-as-covid-19-deaths/

Gun shot victims.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Historian said:

He did die young from this.  Sad.

I had a friend in college who lost a daughter to SIDs.   That's just crushing. 

Re.  Infant Mortality: 

The horrendous cost Associated with Mil-Spec testing of components is to try to weed out the batches with high infant mortality.  that is the number of parts likely to fail prematurely.  To do this you expose the representative sample of each production batch to severe accelerated lifetime testing (heat), temperature, shock, vibration and over/under operating voltages to cause the percentage which will fail early, to fail during the testing.  Thus you are able through statistical analysis to assign a factor of reliability to the majority of the functional parts that don't fail.

Parts fail in infant mortality due to many reasons, and not the least of which is random chance.  This testing of components to determine their reliability in operation and combat.  this example can be applied to people just as well.

Many time failures are unpredictable and simply happen.  If too many failures occur in a single production batch, the whole batch is rejected.  It's a complicated process.

Now, our Congress says that you can use commercial off the shelf hardware where it may be good enough. If it's cheap enough.  It pained me to see equipment supplied to the military that is simply, good enough, rather than the best we can give them to ensure their personal survivability.  Yes, I got way off the subject, but this is a tender subject with me and I like to make it known as much as possible.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, PPQer said:

I'm getting the same responses from the nurses in my family - they are all scared, and every time I talk to them I hear how their hospital will be overwhelmed with patients NEXT week.  It is always  "NEXT week!"  It doesn't seem to have sunk in that NEXT week has been postponed every week for the past SIX.  They hear the same stats I do, the same reductions in mortality and hospitalization rates, the same bit about the largest number of deaths coming from nursing homes (where the inmates are not just elderly, but also suffering from so many other conditions, or so severely that they are unable to survive without 24/7 care)... but they can't get past the emotional fears response to consider the situation rationally and logically.  Then, certain other non-medical people take the nurses' fear as the "expert response" and behave the same way.  They are driving me nuts.

23 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm getting the same responses from the nurses in my family - they are all scared, and every time I talk to them I hear how their hospital will be overwhelmed with patients NEXT week.  It is always  "NEXT week!"  It doesn't seem to have sunk in that NEXT week has been postponed every week for the past SIX.  They hear the same stats I do, the same reductions in mortality and hospitalization rates, the same bit about the largest number of deaths coming from nursing homes (where the inmates are not just elderly, but also suffering from so many other conditions, or so severely that they are unable to survive without 24/7 care)... but they can't get past the emotional fears response to consider the situation rationally and logically.  Then, certain other non-medical people take the nurses' fear as the "expert response" and behave the same way.  They are driving me nuts.

If you could read what their organizations are probably telling them, you would understand.  With my system, we are being inundated with hero talk, and that includes how we "heroes" on the front lines are saving humanity.  When we are not.  We get that crap from the Corporate CEO as well as the hospital CEO and COO.

Nurses are mostly a very self-aggrandizing group.  They are taught from their first day in nursing school that they "run that floor" and everyone else is non essential and subservient to them.  Keeping up the sky is falling attitude makes their "courage and sacrifice" greater.  It makes them believe the "hero" crap.  And I do mean crap.

The whole thing is a hoax and you should see the reaction I get when I say it out loud.  When I ask if they have seen the latest data, like the Stanford report, they have, but they just won't let it sink in.  

It's sad that there has been a lot of deaths, but we'll never know the actual number of deaths from C-19.

I don't know about the other hospitals in my area, but we aren't even half full.  We have about 100 beds that are negative pressure, set up for C-19.  The hospitals in the area are either indirectly or directly communicating about the numbers.  If other hospitals run out of those types of beds, patients will be diverted elsewhere.  My hospital will know when a patient is being diverted, but I am not privy to that data.  But I would be if I asked.  I don't know how many negative pressure beds the other hospitals have setup, but I doubt they would go through all the hassle of making all their beds ready.  So like us, they probably set aside one nursing floor, and a number of ICU beds.  No doubt if it was as bad as Fauci said it would be, all the hospitals would be converting additional floors.

If you are unaware, negative pressure room discharge air either through the window, or are setup with exhaust ducting that discharges out the roof or exterior wall up high.  That keeps the air from drifting out of the room into the hallway and other areas of the hospital.   Secure the fire doors, and with all the fans running, the entire unit can be negative pressure.

All the talk about ventilators early on.  Our facility has a dozen that belong to the DHS they put in several years ago for this type of unexpected issue.  We haven't even used those ventilators, and only about 20% of our fleet is being used.  The PPE the DHS stashed with us has been moved to the main building, but is largely untouched.  A lot of those vents our government ordered to be built are being sent to other nations.

All for now.  I think I'll go do the hero thing on the front lines of this pandemic.  Where did I leave my cape? (j\k)

Bonnie Tyler sang about 'where have all the heroes gone'.   Ahm rat cheer!

HERO out.  

Edited by PPQer
  • Thanks 3

wasn't Technology supposed to keep the Virus IN the Lab in Wuhan that Created it?

the alleged "Experts" and leaders collectively adopted junk Science and the Experts had no idea what to do other then just general good ideas.

when every state has a different guideline and and different exceptions i think its safe to assume they are just winging it.

the Mission creep from flattening the curve and not overwhelming the Health Care Workers has become a means of Social Control.

and Election Engineering.

• Like 1