New knife today

pipedreams

That's really Cool!  I got a few "automatics".  Really like them, but even with a CCP I can't carry a "automatic" here in FloriDUH.  Least that's what every cop I've ever asked tells me.  I said to the last cop I asked...a Sheriff actually..."So, I can carry a .45 in my front pocket but I can't carry a switchblade in my other pocket."  He says,  "Yup, that will get ya arrested..."  I just don't get the Logic....

Oh well...FloriDUH.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

That's really Cool!  I got a few "automatics".  Really like them, but even with a CCP I can't carry a "automatic" here in FloriDUH.  Least that's what every cop I've ever asked tells me.  I said to the last cop I asked...a Sheriff actually..."So, I can carry a .45 in my front pocket but I can't carry a switchblade in my other pocket."  He says,  "Yup, that will get ya arrested..."  I just don't get the Logic....

Oh well...FloriDUH.

Iowa issues a Permit to Carry Weapons (PCW), which covers most except (federal NFA or Class 3).

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, NPTim said:

Even blackjacks/saps/convoys?

"I am a bit surprised that there is no mention of billys, clubs, batons or any other bludgeon in this law. The way the law is written I am sure that they are included within their “dangerous weapons” category. I did some searching for additional information on bludgeons in Iowa and did not find any concrete answers."  A permit covers dangerous weapons but excludes the below offensive weapons.  I'm not one to test the law.

https://my-self-defense.com/self-defense-laws/expandable-baton/iowa-code-702-expandable-baton-laws/

A person is prohibited from possessing the following offensive weapons under Iowa Code § 724.1:A machine gunAny weapon with the bore of more than six-tenths of an inch in diameter, other than a shotgun or muzzle loading rifle, cannon, pistol, revolver or musket, but not including antique weapons

Offensive weapons A bomb, grenade, mine, or poison gas A rocket with more than 4 ounces of propellant charge A missile with more then ¼ ounce of propellant chargeA ballistic knife. A ballistic knife is a knife with a detachable blade which is propelled by a spring-operated mechanism, elastic material, or compressed gas.Any part or combination of parts either designed or intended to be used to convert any device into an offensive weaponbump stock?

Edited by pipedreams
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Historian said:

You also can't legally have sex with a porcupine in Florida.  Just sayin.

Even funnier if you realized there are no porcupines in Florida.   You'd have to bring one over state lines.  That would be a federal crime.

My point is:  Some laws are just plain stupid.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, Historian said:

You also can't legally have sex with a porcupine in Florida.  Just sayin.

Two ideas come to find with that:  Sex Sent Me to the ER

and, How not to make a Medieval Mace.

3 hours ago, Historian said:

Even funnier if you realized there are no porcupines in Florida.   You'd have to bring one over state lines.  That would be a federal crime.

My point is:  Some laws are just plain stupid.

A "feral," crime at the very least.  There is actually a case file where an illegal alien was arrested in Los Angeles for robbing a liquor store with a possum.  The Immigration Attorney that shared that case with me laughed until she about cried.  They come up with some strange briefs for Immigration Court, (Administrative).