Not too sharp...

TBO

An SO in Washington state lost an officer to a sword.   My little county had a guy try to make a Cop Kabob about 17 years ago.  He was filled with lead by an officer who knew shoot.  9 of 13 rounds were dead center.

I guess this is a thing these days.

• Thanks 2

All kidding aside, I hope the cop that shot the guy learned a valuable lesson that day.  This was obviously a suicide by cop case where the dead guy had no intention of harming the cop and was only interested in getting himself offed.  If this was a talented swordsman who was truly out for blood that day, that cop would have been dead for allowing a blade like that to get that close to him.  People tend to not believe the things we see from Hollywood, but in the case of a sharp sword in the hands of someone who knows how to use it effectively, it can easily lop the head off of anyone.  I've seen more than my fair share of Saudi executions to know this to be true.  

• Like 1

All kidding aside, I hope the cop that shot the guy learned a valuable lesson that day.  This was obviously a suicide by cop case where the dead guy had no intention of harming the cop and was only interested in getting himself offed.  If this was a talented swordsman who was truly out for blood that day, that cop would have been dead for allowing a blade like that to get that close to him.  People tend to not believe the things we see from Hollywood, but in the case of a sharp sword in the hands of someone who knows how to use it effectively, it can easily lop the head off of anyone.  I've seen more than my fair share of Saudi executions to know this to be true.  
What is the evidence/proof he intended no harm to the officer?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TBO said:

What is the evidence/proof he intended no harm to the officer?

How many blade wounds did the cop sustain from the incident?  Re-watch the vid without your biased goggles on and you will see the sword wielder was WELL within range to harm the cop if he wanted.  This was a suicide by cop plain and simple, not a calculated sword attack on a cop. 

Edited by Maser

How many blade wounds did the cop sustain from the incident?  Re-watch the vid without your biased goggles on and you will see the sword wielder was WELL within range to harm the cop if he wanted.  This was a suicide by cop plain and simple, not a calculated sword attack on a cop. 
How close was the sword man, how long was the sword blade?

• Like 1