New old Contender

jmohme

Was cleaning guns after a day at the range, and got done with the new/old Contender 10 inch 22WMR and it was just begging for a picture for the firearm family album.

TC22WMRsdl.jpg

I love my Contenders!

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

No I have not. The 22WMR Barrel is a new member to my Contender family and I posted this just after the first time I fired it. 

You do have me curious now though. I can tell you this. It is really good shooter!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jmohme said:

No I have not. The 22WMR Barrel is a new member to my Contender family and I posted this just after the first time I fired it. 

You do have me curious now though. I can tell you this. It is really good shooter!

Ballistics by the inch estimates 1817 fps from a 10 inch barrel with CCI Maxi-mag 40 grain Jhp's and an actual 1980 fps from th3e 21 inch barrel of a CZ455.

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/22mag.html

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

When I took it to the range for the first time, I just rummaged around in my stash of ammo and found a partial box of CCI Gamepoint 40 gr to try it out with.

Using the chart in the link you provided, I should have been seeing 1687 fps out of the 10 inch barrel. Still not shabby for a rimfire!

I really like my Contenders. I can take one or two frames, and a few barrels to the range and concentrate on my shooting while others around me are banging away and some of them lucky to keep all their shots on paper.

Its also fun to end my rage session by running a target out to the end of the range and fire of a single 30/30 into the bullseye before packing up to go home. Then sound and muzzle flash alone usually results in a brief moment of silence among the 9mm mag dump crowd! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I had 22mag barrel I bought along with 3 others at Gander Mountian for 50$ each. Sold it and the 30-30 barrels for a great profit. I have 8 frames and maybe 10 barrels now. Sold all my barrels that weren't 22 with exception of a 357 mag with irons and a 7mm TCU and 270 REN the buys never paid for. Still would like to sell them. Have several scopes and mounts also that never sold. Since GB changes polices and increased seller fees I've quit using them.

On 3/16/2020 at 7:03 AM, jmohme said:

Was cleaning guns after a day at the range, and got done with the new/old Contender 10 inch 22WMR and it was just begging for a picture for the firearm family album.

TC22WMRsdl.jpg

I love my Contenders!

Nice thing about the 22 magnum out of a ten inch barrel is that it develops nearly as much velocity a rifle. Right around 1800 fps with CCI 40 grain maxi-mags according to the website Ballistics by the Inch.