Henry AR 7 Question

windowasher

I have a Henry AR 7 Survival Rifle. I really like it. up to about 75 yards, it will pattern within a quarter. The extractor or spring has failed. It won't pull the spent round from the chamber. I think the "hook" has worn just enough or the spring lost tension. 

Does anyone have a schematic or video on how to disassemble the bolt? I have changed the firing pin, but not the extractor and want to get it apart and back together without small springs from vanishing into the realm where the dryer socks go. Can anyone help?

Mine looks fairly straight fwd.  Keep your hand over the places most likely to go sproing!    

And when I'm real antsy over a dis-assy, I will sit at a table and work inside of a 5 sided box so nothing can kitty-hawk its way across the room.  

I like my AR 7.  And friends think its really to cool to shoot right out of the movies.  

44 minutes ago, Historian said:

My gunsmith informed me that the president of the company frequently fills in at customer service.

I have to admire that. 

It takes confidence to face your customers.  Most CEO's shy away from associating with the peasants.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

It takes confidence to face your customers.  Most CEO's shy away from associating with the peasants.

Also means he knows what his front line people are facing.   I admire that.  Sounds like he takes care of his people.

I managed to get a Henry .22 magnum last December.  The only thing i don't like about it...is i didn't get one many years ago.  It is a lovely simple well made rifle. A real solid deal for what you get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Historian said:

Also means he knows what his front line people are facing.   I admire that.  Sounds like he takes care of his people.

I managed to get a Henry .22 magnum last December.  The only thing i don't like about it...is i didn't get one many years ago.  It is a lovely simple well made rifle. A real solid deal for what you get.

I used to have an old Winchester Model 1886 lever action in .33 WCF.  I dearly loved that rifle.  I know what you mean.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 4:18 PM, windowasher said:

I have a Henry AR 7 Survival Rifle. I really like it. up to about 75 yards, it will pattern within a quarter. The extractor or spring has failed. It won't pull the spent round from the chamber. I think the "hook" has worn just enough or the spring lost tension. 

Does anyone have a schematic or video on how to disassemble the bolt? I have changed the firing pin, but not the extractor and want to get it apart and back together without small springs from vanishing into the realm where the dryer socks go. Can anyone help?

Call Henry and have them send you a shipping label. They are known for their excellent customer service.

• Like 1

I test fired my Survival Rifle after a Basic Pistol class I taught a couple of weeks ago.

The students thought it was neat, patterned well, and no malfunctions. I'll clean it up and store it in my car trunk with three loaded mags.

Edited by BamaBud
  • Like 1