Tequila

Gun Shark

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always in for good tequila. None of the Jose Cuervo stuff though.

And never mixed. Good tequila is meant to be sipped neat. The flavors really shine through.

Much like whiskey, whisky, and bourbon, there are some really good tequilas out there, by damn, you can go broke finding the good ones. I tend to enjoy anejo's the most. The older the better.

I'll have to rummage around the cabinet and find some of the empties for recommendations.

I'll post them up in a bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KWalrad said:

I'm always in for good tequila. None of the Jose Cuervo stuff though.

And never mixed. Good tequila is meant to be sipped neat. The flavors really shine through.

Much like whiskey, whisky, and bourbon, there are some really good tequilas out there, by damn, you can go broke finding the good ones. I tend to enjoy anejo's the most. The older the better.

I'll have to rummage around the cabinet and find some of the empties for recommendations.

I'll post them up in a bit.

It's a new area for me. I like good beer, good scotch, good bourbon, good wine, not much of a Vodka person but I like titos, and I know nothing about Tequila other than it makes good margaritas.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been disappointed with the popular ones most of the time. Cuervo, Patron, Cabo Wabo, and so on.

The obscure ones have been the best. Each bottle has been a surprise. I generally prefer anejo or reposado tequilas as opposed to the blancos. The aging tends to mellow the flavor and smooth out the signature "tequila" taste. Similar to the whiskey process.

I also prefer to sip them neat. No ice, no shots, and for God's sake, no salt and lime. If your bottle has a worm in it, you're not drinking tequila, your drinking mescal. Very similar, but different.

Here's a lot of history to tequila, and the more you learn about it, the more interesting it gets.

I've has some that was smooth as silk and warmed me to the toes, and I've had some that I had to choke down. I've even had one that you could taste the soil that the agave was grown in. That was a really good one.

Try a few different ones, mix it up between the Blanco/silvers, the anejo, and the reposado types and see what works best for you.

Happy hunting.

• Like 2

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.