Random Cuteness

Maser

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

My 2 year old grand daughter. She's teaching herself to read. Parents are learning sign language.

My daughter taught the grandkid (she's a licensed instructor),  and now the new baby, sign lanuage when he was very very little.

They really can express their wants/needs.

But then they never shut up about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My 2 year old grand daughter. She's teaching herself to read. Parents are learning sign language.
1054324238_20190419_162900(Medium).jpg.4e0c4a451ca613f6a544736b574a482e.jpg

Back in the 1958–64 era, wife and I lived next door to a deaf mute couple. They were born hearing but disease or injury close to birth deprived them of the capability. Thus they never learned to speak. Until they started having children they both taught at the state school for the deaf. They had three children, all of whom heard and spoke normally. And the children all learned sign language as well - something we never mastered.

One day while they were in their yard the youngest, a girl, fell and scraped her knee. She ran to her mother, yanked the skirt to get attention, pointed to the knee and started bawling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

One day while they were in their yard the youngest, a girl, fell and scraped her knee. She ran to her mother, yanked the skirt to get attention, pointed to the knee and started bawling.

I've been around kids,  mine and other's,  and the kid will crash or wipe out and get a nice cut / scrape / bruise.  Being around a bunch of guys,  we just go, "Wow! Bet that hurt!" or "Nice play, Shakespeare!".  The kid will look hurt for one or two seconds,  and get over it.

But when Mom walks in the door,  two hours later,  the kid will instantly burst into screaming tears and point to the boo-boo.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've been around kids,  mine and other's,  and the kid will crash or wipe out and get a nice cut / scrape / bruise.  Being around a bunch of guys,  we just go, "Wow! Bet that hurt!" or "Nice play, Shakespeare!".  The kid will look hurt for one or two seconds,  and get over it.

But when Mom walks in the door,  two hours later,  the kid will instantly burst into screaming tears and point to the boo-boo.

Children and baby critters are born with the ability and knowledge to elicit comfort and attention.  It's a miracle of nature.

• Like 4