Concept Cars

Eric

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

Anyone ever heard of the Form Mach II concept car?

mustang_mach_2_concept_car_11.thumb.jpg.dbeaf70cc4813593ccd23f719c17e894.jpg

yup and i`ve seen it in the Henry Ford Museum.

it was meant to replace the GT cars but was too expensive for 1967-1968 mustang market with IRS and a Mid-engine light weight live rear axle 60 Series Poly-Glass tired Mustang was too much of a handful,and Ford had spent all its resources on the FE motors to not offer it.

that would have been the best car ever!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

Allegedly the (or close to) the C8 Corvette.  It will be called the "Zora" and will be a mid engine.  I love it. 

072715_5.jpg

Actual C8

2019-Chevrolet-Corvette-spy-photo-101.jp

Chevy needs to get away from naturally aspirated engines and do some bi-turbo engines. The Lamboesque car would be a good start.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Troy969 said:

Chevy needs to get away from naturally aspirated engines and do some bi-turbo engines. The Lamboesque car would be a good start.

I utterly disagree. 

Even today, there is no replacement for displacement.  As long as they keep jamming large NA motors in the Corvette, they are much easier to modify into the "silly" power range. 

If you start with a smaller motor that already comes with power adders, you have fewer places to go.  

IF you get some screaming evil 3 liter motor with turbos and 600HP...cool.  Where do you go from there?  You can't turn up the boost much without getting into some issues. 

If you use a 6 liter NA motor to make the same 600HP.....that motor will take well over 1000 hp once you TT it....and still have cold AC. 

The Corvette is not the best sports car in the world.  It is the best value and the most modifiable. I want it to stay that. 

1 minute ago, Rabbi said:

I utterly disagree. 

Even today, there is no replacement for displacement.  As long as they keep jamming large NA motors in the Corvette, they are much easier to modify into the "silly" power range. 

If you start with a smaller motor that already comes with power adders, you have fewer places to go.  

IF you get some screaming evil 3 liter motor with turbos and 600HP...cool.  Where do you go from there?  You can't turn up the boost much without getting into some issues. 

If you use a 6 liter NA motor to make the same 600HP.....that motor will take well over 1000 hp one you TT it....and still have cold AC. 

The Corvette is not the best sports car in the world.  It is the best value and the most modifiable. I want it to stay that. 

True true true. I'm just cheap and want good gas mileage. :D

13 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i remember seeing these in 86 and 88 i think at the New England car show.

the first Mid-engine Corvette was a mind blower for me then,its hard to imagine its coming even now.

1986-Corvette-Indy-Concept.jpg.3d6f11988bddafe7f56091b3a3be6b47.jpg

then in 88 to see the Banshee was amazing too,what happened to Pontiac!

1988-Pontiac-Banshee-concept.jpg.693e927d30aa5e031eaccca1bcecf3ea.jpg

Im still in love with the Aerovette.

chevrolet-aerovette-1.jpg

Image result for aerovette

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, holyjohnson said:

1979 Mustang Rsx ralley car.

5.0,T5 and AWD???

i have no idea how i aperaped this post but i did it!

Eric posted: I fixed it.

Quick as it might have been, it would never be able to outrun all that ugly.

• Thanks 1