tick shortage

ASH

ok im not complaining at all but here in NC  and being outside  80% ive always had ticks , stuck to me or crawling    and on pets who go outside. but this year ive not seen 

one tick  , anyone else??  not one in grass , on any of us   and ive always got atleast one stuck to me ,  and NC  is bad for ticks.  

anyone notice a shortage  ?  im not complaining lol but its weird .  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ok im not complaining at all but here in NC  and being outside  80% ive always had ticks , stuck to me or crawling    and on pets who go outside. but this year ive not seen 
one tick  , anyone else??  not one in grass , on any of us   and ive always got atleast one stuck to me ,  and NC  is bad for ticks.  

Come to middle Tennessee and get some of our ticks - take ‘em all in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ASH said:

My dogs get a dose of Trifexis every month, but we've not had a single tick nor flea in over 5 years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spurgon said:

Im in the piedmont. Last year i had 20+ ticks by this time.  This year so far, one. 

Spurgon

yeah my area as far back as a kid has been tick city    but this year nada,  ive asked other folks and they were like hey you are right lol.  i had to deet up daily  while working , i dunno

why they are not here but i hope it keeps working .  with all the tick  diseases  im very paranoid .  another thing is weird people say our state bird is mosquito  but i never get bothered , my wife is from PA  and in summers she gets eat up .  our daughters too .  youngest lives in jacksonville FL and swears it is worse here . 

Where there is wet, there are ticks, typically.  I had to deal with plenty on the Rio Grande.  The last one I got was wearing shorts and taking the rat terrier outside, while wearing shorts.  Pulled that little bugger out by hand, and got it all.