Free United drink coupons

devildog2067

I've been Global Services on United for 5 years, every year they send me a book of 10 drink tickets and every year I stick them in a drawer and forget about them. Well, not this year!

I'm not sure if you need to physically have the tickets with you, or if I can photograph and text / email / whatever the QR code, so this will be a bit of an experiment. But let's try the QR thing first. First taker / volunteer will get up to 5 drink tickets electronically, in exchange for a commitment to report back if it works using them that way or not. If not I'll drop them in the mail to you. Once we figure out which way to go I'll give away the other 5.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presguy said:

Got a random one off question for you - any idea how the product is on United transcons, like LAX<>EWR, on an internationally configured 777?

It's not full on Polaris, right? It's more like conventional domestic first, but with a decent lay-flat seat?

I'm normally a Delta guy, but I'm looking at that route next week for a quick trip to visit my niece. Want to fly redeye, so will be booking up front. The UA price is less than half of Delta One (or AA Flagship, etc).

Someone probably has better intel, but it depends on not just the route but also the flight. I’ve flown back and forth to various Europe destinations in the last year or two and had everything from true Polaris to the older lay-flat seats to the very old seats that just recline a lot. You should be able to determine from the particular flight’s seat layout, which United posts. But that doesn’t mean United won’t change planes, which happened to me several weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Presguy said:

I'm looking at UA415 (LAX > EWR), probably on Jul 12th - from the seatmap, it looks like lay-flat. I don't know United cabins that well - the front/rear alternating seats is a sign of layflats, right?

I honestly don't need much in way of "product" (not worried about meal service, lounge access, check in lanes, etc). I'm just terrible at sleeping on planes, and since it's a short trip bound by a redeye schedule at one end, I'm hoping to find a comfortable seat to increase my chance of sleep, but the prices for D1, AA 1st and Jet Blue are a little.. ambitious.. for my wallet on a quick personal trip.

Alaska's prices are good on that route - but every schedule I can find is flying AS's convetional recliner seats. I was hoping to find an AS redeye on one of the Virgin America planes, with the lie flats, but no such luck.

I'm almost certain that's not the new Polaris layout, and I think it's probably the previous generation lay-flat seats.  But if it's important to you, you may want to do some checking.  Those four center seats make me a little nervous that it's just the much older reclining seats especially on a domestic flight.  I really dislike those if you are in the center section.  The price is pretty good.  

Edited by SigMan

11 hours ago, Presguy said:

Got a random one off question for you - any idea how the product is on United transcons, like LAX<>EWR, on an internationally configured 777?

It's not full on Polaris, right? It's more like conventional domestic first, but with a decent lay-flat seat?

Luck of the draw, but more likely to be the old business class product (like domestic first with lie-flats) not the new international product with the pod bassinet things. There are a few of the newer interiors on that route but no way to snag with any predictability.

9 hours ago, Presguy said:

I'm looking at UA415 (LAX > EWR), probably on Jul 12th - from the seatmap, it looks like lay-flat. I don't know United cabins that well - the front/rear alternating seats is a sign of layflats, right?

Yes. If it's the 2/4/2 alternating front/rear, it's this cabin

United-777-200-Polaris-Business-cabin.jp

It is, without a doubt, the worst United widebody business class product, but you do get full lie flats.

The "Polaris" branding is something United has done a terrible job with, by the way. It was originally applied to (and marketed as) only the newest business class interior, then rolled out across the rest of the line regardless of age. So you have some weird old product with this label.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/united-777-polaris-business-review/

Edited by devildog2067
  • Like 1