Just When I Thought I Had Every Gun I Wanted. Damn......

DrB

Dammit all, just saw an ad for the Springfield Vintage M1A Tanker with  the Walnut stock.  Just when I thought I was done buying firearms..  Nice looking rifle, wood and walnut.  I need to go to gun rehab somewhere to get rid of this addiction..

Dave

• Haha 1

Ah, the tanker. The I'll pull out my little friend just in case things get up close and personal!

I love my shorty tanker M1. It is lovely with a nice chunk of solid wood, I feel warm when I hold it close... I think I need a nappy! 

• Like 1

Well I found that Fulton Armory has their T26 Garand Tanker.  Original USGI Springfield Receiver.  Parts are GI..   Price is 2.5K.  Wish I had not gone there.  Now I want...

Dave..

There is always something I want.  I am juggling right now with a PCC in 10mm to go with my Glock 40 MOS.  I also toying with Colt 1911 that the USMC abandoned for the M-17, or having a Trijicon RMR put on my Glock 21 converted to .460 Rowland.  I thought about a TNW Aero survival in .460 Rowland, but they are butt ugly.  Then I was looking at a Noreen 7mm mag AR with a 10 round mag.  So, I know, this year it is going to have to be one of these options.  I just can't make up my mind around them.  Then there is the PTR MP5.  I always wanted an MP5.  But, I don't think I could afford the full auto pack until the children are out of University.  It looks like both want Texas A&M.

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, Moshe said:

There is always something I want.  I am juggling right now with a PCC in 10mm to go with my Glock 40 MOS.  I also toying with Colt 1911 that the USMC abandoned for the M-17, or having a Trijicon RMR put on my Glock 21 converted to .460 Rowland.  I thought about a TNW Aero survival in .460 Rowland, but they are butt ugly.  Then I was looking at a Noreen 7mm mag AR with a 10 round mag.  So, I know, this year it is going to have to be one of these options.  I just can't make up my mind around them.  Then there is the PTR MP5.  I always wanted an MP5.  But, I don't think I could afford the full auto pack until the children are out of University.  It looks like both want Texas A&M.

Gig 'Em, and an excellent choice by your children....and your choices are great too.

Edited by Slotback
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrB said:

That is the truth. Just like women with shoes and purses.  We can be just as bad with our firearms...

Dave..

True.  Just ask my wife.  But, I share the wealth.  His, hers, theirs.

• Like 1

This may be the year of the AK.  I have a ton of 7.62x39, that I probably need at least two more labeled ammo cans, to go with the other.  Having one Arsenal AK for that, not the best.  I think for my son I will probably try to get him a WASR under folder.  He likes AK's that, well, look like AK's.  My side folding Arsenal I updated.  I am think of the Arsenal Pistol for myself.  That one will probably be eventually SBR'ed.  

I took him to the range, now he wants an Arsenal like I have.  Let's see if passes muster with his mother.  She wonders why I am so equitable with firearms that I never had at their age.  I keep all the ammo locked up.  They keep their firearms locked up.  In that way I treat like a FLEO Academy.  I don't allow ammo and take command of the firearms walking through each step.  He likes my Arsenal side folder I altered for my convenience rather well,   I suspect he was something to a wood traditionalist because he liked the look.  But, I suspect he will want to go the Bulgarian/Las Vegas route.  They make great weapons.