Anyone Remember Vintage Thrush/Cherry Bomb Mufflers from the 60-70's

DrB

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

With the decals plastered right next the STP.

(I've still got an unopened pack of STP stickers.)

And I had Hooker Header decals as well.  Wish I still had some of those around.

Dave..

hooker.jpg

Edited by DrB
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, blueiron said:

In 1999, I bought some slip on Hooker Header mufflers for my Harley. Nice tone without being obnoxious, looked great, perfect quality... the only problem was that I expected the heart sticker and it didn't come with them. 

Too Bad You Loose.....  Haha.....

Dave..

My father put Thrush mufflers on every vehicle that he owned back then. They usually lasted about a year in the rust belt.

I think he owned stock in the company because every Spring out came the car ramps and U-clamps. Actually, I think he preferred laying out in a gravel driveway sucking down Shaeffers and PBRs over listening to his wife cuss him out for buying mufflers that were made out of old Shaeffer and PBR cans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

my buddy lived about 1/2 mile from me when i was a teenager and he had a 1969 GTO at the time the 400 was gone so we built a 383 stroker with probably 11.1 and Thrush Glasspacks and turndowns that dumped right out under the floor boards.

i could hear him start that car and him coming all the way from his house to my house to pick me up.

weirdly his mom paid for a whole exhaust system for that car the next Christmas.

i preferred the Thrush to the Purple hornies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

With the decals plastered right next the STP.

(I've still got an unopened pack of STP stickers.)

I pissed off one guy when he saw my wife's VW with Road Runner decals on each door...........

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

I pissed off one guy when he saw my wife's VW with Road Runner decals on each door...........

One of my favorite stories was from a writer, for Cycle I think, who was interviewing Dick Mann somewhere. Mann was sitting on his bike when a Very Important Sponsor came up and interrupted the interview. He handed Mann a decal and said he had to apply it "right now!" in order to keep the sponsorship. Mann, without skipping a beat, stuck the decal onto the inside of his fairing. :supergrin:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAKA said:

YEAH, and drilling a hole in the end of the tailpipe, putting a spark plug in hooked to a Model A spark coil....FLAMES

I remember my driver instruction teacher telling us on how to do that.  I think he taught us more bad driving habits than good.   He did keep our attention in class though with his stories.

"Look Dave, you either gotta go fast over these little holes in the road so you don't feel them or slow down and drive around them, your choice"

Dave.

• Like 2