Your Dead Tired and Want to Go to Bed But the Dog Want's to Play

DrB

2 minutes ago, DrB said:

For me...I open my eyes and play with her.  When she is gone I would regret taking the time.

Dave..

It's been so long for me since my dog could play.  Now, I much prefer to just sit late at night and hold him close and tight, caress him and try to tell him how much he means to me.  He has almost been another child to me and now he's going away soon.  I hope he know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  He sleeps on the floor right outside my bedroom door.  There is no way I am letting a dog that weighs as much as I do romp around in my bedroom and then take up all the space on my bed that my husband hasn't already claimed.  When the mastiff wants to play, the whole house shakes.  And if the little mutt wants to play, he'll be in the bedroom that belongs to the kid with the normal bed, not the one in the loft.  He  knows who is a sucker...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

One of my two dogs can be quite the pill, but at the end of the day when she's tired and wants to cuddle there is no way I can hold any of her transgressions against her.  She certainly doesn't hold any of mine against me.

They are wonderful creatures.  At midnight my old dog is too tired to complain.  I squirt salve into each eye and he falls asleep with his head tucked under my chin. 

When he is well asleep I "tuck" him into one of his multitude of cat beds.  They just fit him.  My dog makes up for a lot of the crappiness in this world.  Just being with him is therapy. 

I was heartbroken when he got "older" and it was too hot to sleep with us in bed.  My wife often talks about how nice it was having him on her pillow.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, janice6 said:

It's been so long for me since my dog could play.  Now, I much prefer to just sit late at night and hold him close and tight, caress him and try to tell him how much he means to me.  He has almost been another child to me and now he's going away soon.  I hope he knows.

• Like 3

On 6/16/2019 at 10:06 PM, DrB said:

For me...I open my eyes and play with her.  When she is gone I would regret not taking the time.

Dave..

I agree with this, and imagine your dog will do the same.

I know my two Dobermans even if they are dead tired will come when called and do whatever is asked of them. I know I like my 2 dogs better than most people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Ah, I was going to say, "shoot the dog and get some sleep?"

Nah...  She is cool active Border Collie.  Sometimes late at night when I hear the squeaky toys the thought has entered my mind but when she looks at me with her eyes, toy in her mouth...we play and I laugh....

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Nah...  She is cool active Border Collie.  Sometimes late at night when I hear the squeaky toys the thought has entered my mind but when she looks at me with her eyes, toy in her mouth...we play and I laugh....

Dave..

They are just like little children with no concept of "appropriate".  But, children that would kill and die for you!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrB said:

You can never own a Border Collie, they let you into their life and you adapt.  That's why so many show up in rescue.

Dave..

Our Yorkie is the smallest member of our household, but the only one that every single decision has to account for.  Our whole lives are determined my the effect on him, right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, janice6 said:

Our Yorkie is the smallest member of our household, but the only one that every single decision has to account for.  Our whole lives are determined my the effect on him, right now.

We have 2 "Yorkies" actually Biewer Terriers..THEY "control" our lives.."we" are their lifeline, everything they need is our responsibility....we love them, they love us....

If you have dogs, you must be fully committed to take care of them.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only difficulty I have with dogs at the moment, is my daughter's rat terrier working on 8 months refuses to potty train.  My GSD took to it right away.  Even the cat figured out the litter box.  The GSD just asks to go out when he has to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

The only difficulty I have with dogs at the moment, is my daughter's rat terrier working on 8 months refuses to potty train.  My GSD took to it right away.  Even the cat figured out the litter box.  The GSD just asks to go out when he has to go.

All my Border Collies have been easy.  They all learned in a couple of weeks.

Dave..

• Like 1