Man walking dog kills teen attempting to rob him, police say "no charges at this time”

RussP

Man walking dog kills teen attempting to rob him, police say

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - A teen is dead and another suspect is on the run after DeKalb County police said they tried to rob a man walking his dog.

The shooting happened Wednesday night on Cedar Croft Lane in Lithonia.

Police told Channel 2 Action News the two suspects approached the man with a gun.

“The subject that was shot and another individual that's on the run attempted to rob a gentleman who was walking his dog,” said DeKalb County Lt. Rob Bryant.

“The gentleman pulled out his gun and shot them,” Bryant said.

The teen died from his injuries and the other person got away.

There's more in the article...

Edited by RussP
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Puts a new twist on: it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the sidearm the owners carrying.

I am glad to hear that neither the dog nor his owner was harmed in this public service announcement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 2:13 PM, GREYGHOST said:

Sad that someone had to loose their life, but if you are bold enough to threaten someone elses, be prepared to loose yours. If they catch the 2nd guy, he should be charged with murder as well as burglary.

I don't think it's sad.  I taught in DeKalb county for 14 years and drive through it on the way to work.  That's one less thug that I might potentially have to encounter.  

I think it's good news and hope to hear of more attempted strong arm robberies with similar outcomes.  

BTW, it's lose, not loose.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, Duke45 said:

I guess them playing the game of stupid just caught up with them. And they lost.  When will they learn.

At least one of them will never try robbing anyone again. The armed citizen not only saved his own life but he's probably saved others by putting an end to what would likely have been a life of crime.

• 1 month later...

and this is why we choose to carry. if you can, you should. stay protected from the "unforeseeable" waves the universe may send your direction. the police are not here to hold your hand. as great as the police are, and we all love our police, they are not always there to watch your back. in the article, it says the man was walking a dog. if the man had no gun, and the dog was not the fighting type, then the man may very well have been victimized by the two hooligans.

like we've all heard many times, its better to have one and not need one, than to need one and be robbed and bleeding to death....