Best Smells on Earth

Eric

• Administrators

I love the smell of a really hot firearm. The smells of the hot metal, baking lubricants and traces of cleaners, the gunpowder and carbon and all the other hot materials. They all combine into a very unique, and to me, pleasant scent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

When you go through one of those automatic car washes that spray the pink, blue and yellow bands of foam on your car, there is a smell that is a bit tropical and a bit like bubblegum. I love that smell.

Smell of a country meal cooking, smell of a farm, smell of small arms fire when you are winning, the smell of a lovely young lady fresh from the shower.

Smell of a new born, smell of a fall day while out hunting or fishing.

So many good smells in my memories!

• Like 3

• Administrators

I smoked for fifteen years and I stopped twenty-two years or so ago. Even now though, I will occasionally walk by someone with a lit cigarette and it smells unbearably good. Not always. Sometimes a lit cigarette smells better for some reason. I have no desire to start smoking again, but that smell gets to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nah...  I love the smell of Diesel also. Normal to me.
A lot of my favorites already listed. I'll add:

Jet A. Basically kerosene. Just smells like power.

Electric train sets and slot cars have a distinctive electric motor smell. Reminds me of my childhood.

Buttered popcorn, from a movie theater.

Cedar closets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, F14Scott said:

A lot of my favorites already listed. I'll add:

Jet A. Basically kerosene. Just smells like power.

Electric train sets and slot cars have a distinctive electric motor smell. Reminds me of my childhood.

Buttered popcorn, from a movie theater.

Cedar closets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love the smell of cedar and I love that bugs don't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, F14Scott said:

I forgot about that.  I remember my trains.....I used to race 1/32 and 1/24 scale slot cars at the slot shop. Thanks...

Dave..

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Bud0505 said:

Sheets, pillowcases and towels that have been hung out in the sun to dry.

A hot iron on freshly sprinkled clothes. My grandmother ironed my underware ya’ll!

That must have hurt like hell!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I smoked for fifteen years and I stopped twenty-two years or so ago. Even now though, I will occasionally walk by someone with a lit cigarette and it smells unbearably good. Not always. Sometimes a lit cigarette smells better for some reason. I have no desire to start smoking again, but that smell gets to me.

Me too.  When I stopped, I sat in the smoking section at work during breaks.  I figured if I couldn't take the smell I hadn't really stopped.  Now I like the smell as long as it's not so thick that it's hard to see, but I have no desire to smoke again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I quit also many years ago.  In the spring the smell of cigarette smoke outside still is enticing. Like having the devil on one shoulder saying "Come on have a puff, what will it hurt,, smell these nice Cuban Cigarettes".. and the Angel on the other shoulder saying "You quit for 40 years, don't start again".  The Angel wins......

Dave..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BamaBud said:

Baking bread, not just the dough.

1-2-3 Oil. (Oops! I meant 3 in 1 Oil).

An all-cotton Oxford cloth shirt, fresh out of the dryer.

I wondered if that's what you meant.  While I was growing up that's the oil used for everything from my gun cleaning to my mother's sewing machine.

• Like 2