Cops Leave Mother Hanging While She Holds Gun on Intruder

pipedreams

Please don't turn this into cop bashing, Mods move this if better place.

"26 minutes after her first call, they finally showed up.

The Pasco County, Florida Sheriff’s Office reportedly took their time arriving at a home containing a mother and her four children, even after she and a neighbor had called 911 a total of three times. While she waited for them to arrive, she — and eventually a neighbor — confronted an intruder in her home and held him at gunpoint.

Her first 911 call was made by Lauren Richards at 12:41 AM on May 25 after an unfamiliar and suspicious young man had knocked at her door and then wandered off. As she waited nervously for deputies to arrive, she noticed her pet pig sniffing at the walk-through door leading into her garage as if smelling something unusual, so she armed herself and took the initiative by opening the door and confronting the intruder, a 25-year-old male who was then about 8 feet from her. He had apparently entered the garage by crawling under the slightly-open garage door, which he had closed behind him.

Lauren then made a second call to 911, at 12:54."

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/06/12/cops-leave-mother-hanging-holds-gun-intruder/

Please don't turn this into cop bashing, Mods move this if better place.

"26 minutes after her first call, they finally showed up.

The Pasco County, Florida Sheriff’s Office reportedly took their time arriving at a home containing a mother and her four children, even after she and a neighbor had called 911 a total of three times. While she waited for them to arrive, she — and eventually a neighbor — confronted an intruder in her home and held him at gunpoint.

Her first 911 call was made by Lauren Richards at 12:41 AM on May 25 after an unfamiliar and suspicious young man had knocked at her door and then wandered off. As she waited nervously for deputies to arrive, she noticed her pet pig sniffing at the walk-through door leading into her garage as if smelling something unusual, so she armed herself and took the initiative by opening the door and confronting the intruder, a 25-year-old male who was then about 8 feet from her. He had apparently entered the garage by crawling under the slightly-open garage door, which he had closed behind him.
Lauren then made a second call to 911, at 12:54."

• Sad 1

So what we have is a call of an unknown person at the door.  That probably wasn't a priority call at that point, probably just went in as a suspicious person.  13 minutes later, once she has confronted the dude she calls again.  I suspect that call was a priority, now they're coming with heat.  13 minutes after the second call a cop shows up at her door, btw, it's after 1 am.   I bet they came as fast as they could, just goes to show it doesn't pay to outsource your security.  Mr. Burglar, meet Mr. 12 gauge.

• Like 2

I believe the odds are that after waiting that long and nothing heard the BG is going to try his luck and someone will be shot.  I know this is what might happen if I'm left to solve the problem on my own.  I see no information on how difficult it is for the police to get to her, staffing or location.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

I believe the odds are that after waiting that long and nothing heard the BG is going to try his luck and someone will be shot.  I know this is what might happen if I'm left to solve the problem on my own.  I see no information on how difficult it is for the police to get to her, staffing or location.

Right.  If I had to wait that long, I would have to shoot him when he made a furtive move.  If they didn't like it, I would tell them I feared for my life and appeared law enforcement would not arrive.  I think due to that embarrassment, no charges would ever be filed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

I agree, lot's unknowns.

• Thanks 1

If we are having a busy night, we can get seriously backed up on emergency runs. Even a priority run like a break-in in progress might get held in queue for a while if there just isn't enough officers to go around. I've seen it happen quite a few times. And lately, it keeps getting harder to recruit new officers to do the job. Year after year, we keep getting more short handed. Protect yourselves accordingly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

Right.  If I had to wait that long, I would have to shoot him when he made a furtive move.  If they didn't like it, I would tell them I feared for my life and appeared law enforcement would not arrive.  I think due to that embarrassment, no charges would ever be filed.

bingo ,  thats why ive said it a million times. we dont rely on calling anyone , we always  have a gun .  relying on others to protect to you will get you killed.   9 1 1  is the number to call after the bad guy or bad guys are dead or bleeding .  my wife knows it and my daughters know . and my grand kid when she grows up will learn it .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see no reason anyone should trust a person that came onto their property uninvited.  I would consider any furtive moves, while holding them at gunpoint, as a threat.  There is not basis for trusting someone that already broke the law to get where they are now.  I would have little hesitation and I would hope the women in my family feel the same way.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, janice6 said:

I see no reason anyone should trust a person that came onto their property uninvited.  I would consider any furtive moves, while holding them at gunpoint, as a threat.  There is not basis for trusting someone that already broke the law to get where they are now.  I would have little hesitation and I would hope the women in my family feel the same way.

YEP .  i dunno how many times ive confronted  illegal hunters on my land .  and im resolved to the idea eventually someone is gonna get hurt or dead .   or both lol

• Like 2