Middle Age

4 hours ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

image.png.7c9bc7c3d1b904983155519991362411.png

I think middle age is just a fanciful construct created to delude youngsters into thinking aging occurs gradually, and is something you can adapt to as it happens.

In reality, you go from "young" to "elderly"  in one big ass ugly leap, with no transition in between. This is the first incontrovertible example of quantized time.  It happens on that  one fateful day  when you start the morning thinking you can take on the world and will decimate everyone and everything that gets in your way -- You are invincible!!!

That one fateful morning, you will look in the bathroom mirror and exclaim, "My God!  I'm my parent!".  "When did this happen?".   That is the day you skipped middle age and jumped straight into elderly.  Now you feed the pharmaceutical industry, you pay extra for insurance since we all know you are now on borrowed time, people start to call you "Sir" or 'ma'am", and the strength of Superman you once had has turned you into Lois Lane.

Many people claim that old age is better than the alternative.  Some old people will argue that with you.  

This observation concurs with the scientific claim that time is quantized.  Time occurs in discrete quantum jumps from one point to another.  The only point in our lives when this is apparent to us, is that moment when you get up feeling good about yourself and then you look into that mirror and see your previous generation staring back at you.  That, my friend, is quantized time!  Since our thinking is relatively slow, to us it appears to be continuous.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

Here's a TRUTH. I learned this by working with the elderly and becoming elderly myself: Life is experientially exactly like the first big hill on a roller coaster. At first, time goes slowly, like the coaster car climbing the hill. You climb and climb and the view gets better and better. Then you are at the top; superb view. But, alas, now you make the plunge and go faster and faster toward the bottom, which is generally in clear view. Time is like that. When you become old, weeks go by like days, months go by like weeks and years go by like months. And then you die. Not to be morbid, but perhaps with all aging takes from us it's just as well.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may!

Edited by OldDad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1