Could This be a Bobcat?

DrB

bobcatflip.thumb.jpg.8af7ccc3bf0a9a031ea4255c78d1b618.jpg

Have recently seen several near Shelbyville TN, one of which was actually in a compact residential area.

Bad thing about bobcats is that they are carriers for bobcat fever. The disease, which is transmitted by tick bites, is seldom or never fatal to the bobcats but is often fatal to domestic cats. And humans often pick up infected ticks while in their yards and unknowingly carry them into their homes.

I lost one cat to bobcat fever last summer and almost lost another. My daughter also almost lost a cat to it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytauxzoonosis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, Eric said:

He was an odd duck. He owned Special Weapons LLC, back in the late 1990s and 2000s. I'm not sure if they are still around. They built HK-53, MP-5 and a few other HK clones. They made their own stainless steel receivers and they were nicely done. The rest of the weapons were ok.

He told me that night of his plans to buy a tiger. That just doesn't seem like a normal thing for someone to want to do. I don't know.

This guy wanted and then bought a tiger.

Of course he ended up dead.  But not by the Tigers claw.

"Say hello to my leetle friend". 

tony.jpg

Edited by norton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, DrB said:

Either that or is the all the biggest house cat I've ever seen.  This thing is as big as my Border Collie.

Dave..

BobcatA.jpg

BobcatB.jpg

Just a kitty cat.

An old acquaintance had a real bobcat.  That damn thing rode around in the back of his truck like a farm dog, but if you got too close to it, it would slap the **** outta you.

As it aged, it became more and more nuts.  It would run around the the walls of his hovel like a track.  One day he hammer fisted it atop its head in an attempt to calm it down.  It dove through the nearest window, never to be seen again.

• Like 1

I had a client that had a Bobcat. I was at his house one night. The thing walked into the room, jumped up into my lap and started purring. At this point, I didn't know he had a Bobcat. He lived on the edge of the desert in northeast Phoenix and his patio door was open. I thought the damned thing had just wondered in. Who owns a ******* Bobcat?

So, I started petting it. When a thirty-five pound cat lays down in your lap and starts purring, you pet it.

About twenty years ago my Wife and I were invited to a Summer Solstice Party at a large acreage tree conserve. I was talking to some people for a while and noticed that my woman had wandered off. Some friends told me she was on the other side of a huge fenced enclosure that was 20 feet high with fencing covering the top. When I found her she was reaching through the cage and petting the biggest Mountain Lion in the world. It was bigger than African Lions, Siberian Tigers or even Saber Tooth Cats. Well..... it looked that big to me.

I approached very cautiously and told her to S-L-O-W-L-Y

remove her hand from the cage. She laughed and picked up its paw which was

E-N-O-R-M-O-U-S......This creature was the Marbery’s pet. It lived in the house when visitors weren’t around. My Wife is a Farm Girl.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1